Just an Ice Dude Going Nuts

• bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Twas a month before ice season and work was a bear, not a thought on the job, nor was there any care.
    The head was just twirling with pictures of a crisp cold outside, the feet were just twitching for on the ice to slide.

How is a person suppose to keep himself on focus this time of year, with mind in the state of wander…..venison, ice fishing and the occasional celebration beer.
    End of October, every night once arriving to the place I call home, preparations take place, getting gear to the ready for when on the ice it is time to roam.

Tip Ups and Reels lubed and made ready with the finest of oils, arranging Custom Jig n Spins and B Fish N Tackle baits and others I do toil.
    On special nights, the StrikeMaster is lit up on fire and sings with every revin’, needing that ice fishing feeling, the fumes put a guy into hard water heaven.

The Glide-Lite is cleaned and ready for the first thin ice load, MarCum batteries are charged and ready to reveal fish, I’m lovin’ the stories this LX-5 has told.
    St. Croix Legend Ice rods standing proud in the holders provided at the back. Spring bobbers ready for waving in the cold air during the attack.

Bring it on Mother Nature, release us a good dump of your cold, it’s that time of year when adventures are made for the survivors and bold.
    Staying home is not an option for a true ice head come the chill of your wrath, instead it is us who will be the first on the ice and bustin’ open a path.

It’s not to far off, hang in there my comrades. Just remember as fast as it comes it seems to end leaving us once again sad.
    For now host up a beer fellow icemen and hold it high, as we toast to a great season to come, then remember the wait, and let out that sigh.

By Need More Ice (Bret)

See you on the ice soon

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

I’m ready dude……..

mikehd
    Dousman, WI

“Just an Ice Dude Going Nuts”????????
    And you don’t have far to go to get there either.
    Very nice poem Bret, you are the next Robert Frost (he’s a famous poet)

arklite881south

Aaaaah!! VERY NICE BRET!! A little Christmas/Ice Mix!!

NICE!! SO SO SO True!! We wait for it all year, yet it goes so fast. Get your licks in boys!! Gonna be a great year!!

big_g
    Isle, MN

I like that better than the ICE ICE BABY, they put up last year… Yours is original

big G

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Been reading a lot of ice fishing stuff the last few weeks. I got the pole out and put new line on them this afternoon. I can’t wait!

schlankki
    otsego, mn

love it love it (and i’m not gay) the rods are load with the finest line on the market i can’t wait til i set the hook on the first mark on my VEXILAR. come on ice.

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

thats a beaut Bret

61 here this am gonna be awhile yet

red89
    Hudson

Lets see… last year was slaying the bluegills on thanksgiving morning, so about 25 days to go? Can I just hibernate until then?

earnit

NICE!

Counting the days……talking every day at work about the upcoming season! Hope to share some ice-time with you again this year!!!!

wally1992
    Evansville MN

I am really impressed with your poetry. If you did all of that in less than an hour I admire you. As to Ice fishing, I fish every day there is hard water. Every year is different. Finding a fish through a 8″ hole is rewarding.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

I am really impressed with your poetry. If you did all of that in less than an hour I admire you.

Not bad for the third grade hey

You should see me do my gozintas……2 gozinta 4 2 times!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

That was B E A U T I F U L Bret.

hawkeye27

fired up the old strike master today, got the poles and sled out. wife thinks I am nuts!!!!! she says u already getting ready for ice fishing which is 3 to 4 wks away (I HOPE!!!!!!)
    but a month ago when we went to jamaica you waited till the night before to get ready for that

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Bret, it looks like another ice season is comming to an end I am left wondering where the time went. I for one know that I did not spend nearly enough time on the ice. But what little time I did spend on the ice was a blast. To all the fish that I introduce to the hot oil bath.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.