Favorite Jigs

• life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

What are everyones favorite ice fishing jigs for panfish?
    I got turned on to these jigs that have glass over a small colored head and they seamed to work great on sunny’s and blue gills last year. And ratso’s (sp?) worked good on crappies. What does anyone else have for an opinion?

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Here’s a few solid choices. Too early for me to start thinkin ice …..I’m sure Clark would argue that though

Who makes that glass jig?

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Glow Optic sell the glass jig I believe he is talking about … I wanted to post the site for you but it wont let me in the site

I now believe it is a private web site

sootie
    arcadia wi,

i will take the one in the middle along with a rembrant

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

I’ve always called this guy “The zebra”. I’m not sure what it is about it but its been loaded on my “go-to” panfish rods for 2 years running since its introduction. There are plenty of other members who can second this jig. Its in CJS’s Gill pill lineup. Now if I could just fish with people who carry this guy with. Or start selling/leasing the little buggers!

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Where did you get your last set from ya thief?!?!

My favorite too, along with diamond jigs, slender spoons, and lightning spoons. Ratso’s and shrimpos as well…
    I think I have one of each tied on all the time…

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Quote:

Glow Optic sell the glass jig I believe he is talking about … I wanted to post the site for you but it wont let me in the site

I now believe it is a private web site

That would be it. I picked up a card of them when sportsman’s closed.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

Too early for me to start thinkin ice …..I’m sure Clark would argue that though

Come on ice

My two favorite go to panfish jigs on the backwaters of pool 8 are….#12 and #14 Firetiger Gill Pill, #8 and #10 Demon Pink/Glow Brite.

csp88
    Ankeny, Iowa

Fiskas Wolfram Jigs, Gold or Silver, size #3 or #4. Tipped with a little atoms micro nuggie, panfish can’t resist.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

How many others are writing down the ones you don’t have yet?

So far I actually only need about two or three.

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Life-
    if you like the ratso, make sure you check out the new two tone color ratso and shrimpo this year, they are gonna be producers!

phishirman
    Madison, WI

rat finkies for perch, moon glows for gills.

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

Rat finkies in orange glow with bait for panfish and Purists in black without bait for crappies.

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

big crappies on petenwell love the flyer spoons with a minnow

of course gill pills also

got my buck now bring on the ice

red89
    Hudson

You guys are killing me with this Ice fishing talk…. Gotta get the LX-5 warmed up. Rat Finkee, Diamond Jig,Moon jigs, whatever random bait they are biting on. Now just need a power auger and a truck.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Demon jig…. ’nuff said

dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

Fiskas wolfram jigs do not work especially tipped with micro nuggies . Lil n big Mics, slender spoons, purists and whatever they are biting on are my favorite. Dan

bosman
    DeSoto, WI

1. Lil Cecils (Purple/Pink Glitter)

2. #12 & #14 Diamonds (Firetiger)

3. Mini Merts (Pahoo ~ after our vertically challenged little friend down on Pool #10)

One of these three is enough to entice the tightest of lips ~ Gills, Crappie, or Perch, ~ on any given January Sunday!

brittlab
    North Central Iowa

I always seem to start with a gold fiska jig. I like the CJS diamond jigs too. I have a ton of gill pills but rarely ever get to them because the other jigs are producing

travp
    Blaine , Mn

My favorite has got to be the Little Atom optic stealth or a kodiak chubby, then theres always the cjs’s line, another favorite. As far as colors, black or red for me.

ajs
    Mellen,WI

I myself will go with genz fatboys tipped with finesse plastic or #3 salmo chubby darters.I mainly fish crappies but i have caught some dandy gills on the darters.

Ajs

fishhead50111
    Central Iowa

2 tone green kastmasters at dusk for white bass, after dusk a select few red or green glow jigging spoon with a minnow head. Silver swedish pimples after dusk/minnow head early ice.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.