Ice thickness

• kennedy
    Manchester, Ia

I’m from Manchester, Ia and was wondering if anyone could give me any information on the ice thickness on Pools 9-10.
    Thanks for any and all help.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I don’t have any as of yet(thursday morning) but i’ll try and get some info tomorrow..any place in particular you want to know about ?

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

Crees, I’m going to try it Friday morning in the Bagley area. I’ll post on the thickness of the ice Friday night. I would think that almost all the backwaters without current would be good by this weekend though.

redman
    Marion Iowa

Birdman If your down around bertam any time soon let us know about that area also but I think there maybe to much current for this early.

kennedy
    Manchester, Ia

I’m interested in the Greymore, Sunfish, and Busey lake on pool ten and back water of the causeway on pool 9. Thanks

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

Was out in the Bagley area today. Ice thickness was approximately 2 inches of good ice. You could fish holes without the ice sinking from your weight. I would think just about any backwater should be good this weekend as long as you don’t get around any springs or current areas by the backwater.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Creese,

There were 3 people out on Greymore yesterday..They came in on the west side..

Also there was some open water right in front of the landing going out into Ambro Slough..I saw a fella go down up to his waist there yeaterday…Be Carefull !!!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Now I know why you like the backwaters so much for ice fishing, not way deep. The closest body of water to me is Foster Arends which is an old pit and probably 60 ft. deep. Now you know why I’m not as brave as you. Thanks, Bill

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

what are you doing fishing in 60′ of water ?

Loc Ness ?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Trout! The MN DNR regularly stocks it with some pretty nice fish. Lots of small crappies and perch too but the main attraction is the trout.

And it’s located right in Rochester.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Hey Ecnook, how did you find him in there? James and I have been searching for him for years! lol. All we ever find is fish. Once in awhile you may hook a northern too. And its probably only a couple miles away by the way a crow flys. Thanks, Bill

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

How deep do the fish usually hold in there ?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.