strike master problem

• dipstick

hi
    I have the strike master mag two stoke 8 inch and it cuts just fine through the ice until i get to the bottom of the ice and then it stops and i have to get the rpms up as high as it goes then push it down fast to get all the way through is this normal and i just have to deal with it or can it be fixed thanks

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Hey Guts!

First tighten down the bolts that hold on the auger blades. That should fix your problem. If it doesn’t give the folks at StrikeMaster a call Monday. They’ll fix you up.

johnie1610
    Eau Claire, WI

I’ve seen alot of guys having that problem with the single blade strikemasters and jiffy’s. Must be something with the blade.

TannerDMC
    S.E. MN near Winona

My Strike Master just started to leak gas right at the bottom of the tank where the gas line connects.
    Any fix for this? Would epoxy maybe seal the leak?

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Quote:

My Strike Master just started to leak gas right at the bottom of the tank where the gas line connects.
    Any fix for this? Would epoxy maybe seal the leak?

Is it the tank that is cracked or the gas like cracked or not on tight? I would not use Epoxy as gas will eat it over time, find out what is leaking and fix it right by replaceing the bad part.

tstatz
    wis

had the same problem, mine would lock up in the bottom of the hole, actually had to pull so hard to get it out i broke the plastic handle!Machine returned for refund! the engineering needs some work at strikemaster. good luck with your problem i believe the blade angle may be off on some of the augers.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Make sure the blades are tight and also make sure there isn’t anything in between the bottom of the auger and the blade itself. I almost forgot how much new blades make a difference. I put a new set on Thursday and it made the 50 or so holes this weekend a whole lot easier. Like a hot knife through butter.

hunt4fun
    becker Minnesota

it could be the clutch slipping they get glazed like brakes do and do not grip right .you have to take apart and rough them up

jonny
    LaCrosse, Wisconsin

I have the same exact auger. I have drilled a ton off holes and never a problem. Had my auger a little over a year now. My guess would be that something with the blades. Loose or dull.

up man
    UP MICHIGAN

My Jiffy auger does this too but my Strike Master one dont. I never really could figure it out either.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

hi
    I have the strike master mag two stoke 8 inch and it cuts just fine through the ice until i get to the bottom of the ice and then it stops and i have to get the rpms up as high as it goes then push it down fast to get all the way through is this normal and i just have to deal with it or can it be fixed thanks

This can be fixed. Some augers have an overly aggressive blade angle that causes the blades to bind at the bottom of the hole. Strikemaster can re-pitch that angle and have you back in action. Give them a call tomorrow, describe the issue, and I’m sure they’ll take good care of you.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.