Trekker 2 or QuickFlip 2 or Fish Trap Guide?????

• brushy19

Hey everyone, I just called a few places around to get prices on these. The Trekker and QF are both $300 and the FTG is $350. Money really isn’t a big deal when it comes to comfort while fishing. I need some help choosing which one. I’m leaning towards the guide because a fishing buddy has the Yukon with the attachment. Any info/experiences would be great!!

ron_w_basser2
    North Central, MN

I have the quick flip 2, the older green one. Sets up quick and works well. Mine has the padded bench seat which I don’t think they have anymore.

The only problem I had with mine was right off the bat I unzipped the front to get out and the door flap swung inward and accross my heater and did a number on the plastic zipper. It will still kinda zip but I now just flip the front up to get in and out.

Look at the way the poles lock together when extended, mine are a little hard to snap back in when putting it away. I think some now are a little easier and have plastic connectors.

The things for me when looking at a new one would be the way the poles lock together, how well and or what is the zipper made of and how does it feel to sit in it.

Hope this helps a little.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

I have the guide. Really nice to fish out of by yourself, and still workable with two guys, a heater, and a flasher. I would buy another one, no question. The only thing I don’t like about it is that it weighs a lot. Adding the high fax makes it pull easier.

brushy19

I think I’m gonna go with the Trekker. I’ve heard nothing but good about the the MSS seating. It’s also 6 inches longer and $70 cheaper than the guide. Can’t wait to get out of this time consuming pop up!

scottsteil
    Central MN

How do you use your fishouse? Tow it by hand? Set up and fish? Fish all day? Tow it with an ATV? Those all help when giving advice on what house to buy.

brushy19

I’ll be towing it by hand for now. I don’t like my pop up now because of the time it takes for set up and moving around. I have seen reviews that the Frabill pulls on 2 skies where the QF is a flat bottom and pulls harder.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.