Favorite Ice Jigs

• eye-full
    Waterloo,Ia,USA

What are some of your favorite ice fishing jigs and colors?

I’ve been having pretty good success the last couple years with a red glow Genz jig or bug or whatever it’s called with a small plastic body.

sunny
    isanti mn

I second that. Two years ago on mille lacs the red genz bug was the best in the business. Now my new jig that I like is the jr diamand jig. And always remember that plain red hook has been best.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

If I’m fishing bait the diamond jig has been my fave for pannies over the last year or so and the ratso has been awesome for crappies when they’re in the mood for plastics.

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

I’ll take a gill pill or a diamond jig!

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Ratso in glow and red genz worms are my go to lures, had lots of luck on these.

bigpike

Flirty Girty, color depending on the water I am fishing, Purple on upper Long, green on Wisssota, orange on Altoona,(the guy that invented the flirty girty invented it on Altoona) and Marmooska’s in char. green! I almost forgot about a pierced dead sticked in mid to late winter is a big fish killa

fishinfool
    mn

Would have to say Marmooska or Diamond jig for pannies, and Devils for walleyes and definately perch.FISHINFOOL

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Wouldn’t be on the ice without the following……….
    Clown Gill Pill
    Purple Rat Finkee
    Pink/White Ratso and Shrimpo
    Silver/Chartreuse Slender Spoon

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

A few of my favorites. Mainly a confidence thing

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

I’m the spoon man

Fish fast or you’re just in the way

timmy

Here is a pic of my favorite of all. Year in and year out it has been a proven producer. I made it myself……

Tim

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Thats a cool pic I’d have that framed on my wall

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Quote:

Wouldn’t be on the ice without the following……….
    Clown Gill Pill
    Purple Rat Finkee
    Pink/White Ratso and Shrimpo
    Silver/Chartreuse Slender Spoon

same here with the adition of my BfishN mini merts, and lil cecils.

Mark Steffes
    Farmington, MN

I would have to say mini-mert & genz worm or bug for panfish. But for walleyes I still love the walleye flyer or the genz fatboy, on jigging spoons I like the northland.

mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

Regular old fashioned 6/$1.00 1/32 or 64th unpainted minature tube head jig( no tube, prefer shiny finish)… usually with a waxie or now that a neighbor has shown me them … with deerfly larva ball with 64th.

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

panfish….red or purple ratso is my GO TO time after time.,……

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

I would put a good ol’ chubby darter on my A list, along with the time tested Sweedish Pimple. For pannies, I do love gill pills and diamond jigs. Ratfinkes and ratsos. All have their place and time.

r._kayle
    Cedar Falls, IA

pink/white candystripe
    black rocker with plastic
    pink/white demon
    pink rembrant
    little cecils
    orange purist

bosman
    DeSoto, WI

For Crappie
    # 1 = Lil Cecil’s (Sunrise, Silver Glitter, Purple, Pink, & Purple/Pink Glitter) – fish’em baitless 99%.

# 2 = Ratso (Pink head w/white plastic) – fish’em baitless 50% or tip with a waxie or Gulp maggot 50%.

# 3 = Rat Finkee (Black) – fish’em tipped with waxie, Gulp maggot, or plastic 99%.

# 4 = Purest (Yellow, Purple) – fish’em tipped with waxie or Gulp maggot 99%.

For Perch
    # 1 = Lil Cecil’s (Green) – fish’em baitless.

# 2 = Shrimpo’s (Black, Orange) – fish’em tipped with waxie or Gulp maggot.

# 3 = Rat Finkee (Lime Green, Purple) – tipped with waxie or spikes. NOTE: more effective pounding bottom.

For Gills
    # 1 = Dimonds (Firetiger, Pink & White) – Tipped with a waxie, spike, Gulp maggot or plastic trailer.

# 2 = Rat Finkee (Lime Green, Lime Pink, Purple, Yellow) – Tipped with waxie, spike, Gulp maggot or plastic trailer.

# 3 = Moon Glows (White/Yellow/Orange/Green Glitter). Tipped with waxie, spike, Gulp maggot.

Absolutely LOVE the Cecils. Overall # 1 choice with the Diamond a close second. Will catch plenty of gills on Cecils as well –

phishirman
    Madison, WI

for perch, I use purple/gold, red or pink/glow rat finkie.
    for gills, its an orange and white or orange/ chartreuse moon glow

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Speaking of the ratso… can anyone get the CJS site to open? http://www.customjigs.com I’ve been trying since last night without any luck. At first I thought it was just on my end. Now this AM I figure I better see if anyone else is having an issue.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

James, I got on through the B Fish N website, towards the bottom there’s a hyperlink that should get you there. Otherwise, try this link: http://www.customjigsandspins.com Good luck!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

James, I got on through the B Fish N website, towards the bottom there’s a hyperlink that should get you there. Otherwise, try this link: http://www.customjigsandspins.com Good luck!

Weird. Your link did not work for me. And I’m unable to pull up B FISH N Tackle’s site. I know both of those sites are hosted by the same company on the same server.

I tried with safari. I’ll give it a go with another browser.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

No go with Firefox.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Huh, that is weird. Good luck!

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

Speaking of the ratso… can anyone get the CJS site to open? http://www.customjigs.com I’ve been trying since last night without any luck. At first I thought it was just on my end. Now this AM I figure I better see if anyone else is having an issue.

I can get it open but is sure takes a long time. It is sloowwwwww

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Yeah, mine was going quite slow as well. Seems to be running fine since I’ve opened it, though.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Shrimpos and Diamond jigs for panfish.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I got it to come up James on firefox but it took for ever.

fishbizbob

Opened up quickly for me , but I;ll give my Host a call and see what’s up. Internet can be quirky at times!!

We’re making ICE down here in Iowa!!!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.