Vexilar battery question

• earnit

okay.

I charged my battery once during the summer. Should have done it more. It’s probably 3+ years old.

I threw it on the charger today, and I’ve been watching the battery strength indicator that is with the unit.

I’ve got all 3 lights lit up, (orange, yellow, and green) and I don’t recall EVER seeing that. It’s been on the charger for almost 11 hours today.

Is this normal? Should I just wait and see what tomorrow brings, or is this a sign that I should buy a new battery?

Speaking of batteries, how many years do these things usually last?

earnit

things are looking a bit normal this morning. I only have one light on. It’s not fully charged….but it seems to be working.

With out a doubt, I’ve always charged it after every use. I hope it’s good to go for the season!

scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

Quote:

I’ve got all 3 lights lit up, (orange, yellow, and green) and I don’t recall EVER seeing that. It’s been on the charger for almost 11 hours today.

The only time I have ever seen that is when my charger was hooked up to the battery. I had one unit that all the lights lit up while being charged.

I normally run my batteries 3-4 years on my Vexilar units. When I replace them I always replace them with a 9 amp battery.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’ve gotten 3-5 years, but never expect/anticipate more than 3. I’d buy a new one and keep this as a backup.

crappiechaser
    Clear Lake WI

i agree with kooty , by another one , gander has them for $20 , and a spare never hurts , what would happen your first time out this year and your batt takes a dump
    its happened to me before …

scottsteil
    Central MN

Batteries are cheap for a reason…they are cheap. I rarely run a battery more than one season. Slowly you lose battery life. If you don’t go on long trips batteries will last several years. But, if you require long run times, you will want to change out your battery occasionally.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.