UNOFFICIAL GTG at Tamarack Lodge

• andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

the kid that was slaughtering crappies last year got them on a small forage minnow in pink and blue. i can’t remember if it was the spoon style or tear drop style but it was definitely hot.

for perch, we just swiss cheesed the entire bay and killed em on jig n raps. bring a little bit of every lure in every color and you should be ok!!

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

Thanks Andy. I don’t see any other thread to sign up on, but I am definetly in.

andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

Yeah, it should be fine. Give me a call. Check your PM.

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

Will do when I get a chance Andy.

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Does anybody know the current conditions on winny? Just curious if we can drive a big diesel truck out on the lake. Or will we need sleds and wheelers?

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

I’m all but certain you can drive a large truck on the ice. We are bringing the wheelers though.

scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

There is a ton of ice up here right now. With the temps reading -36 this morning w/out the windchill I sure do not see it melting today. Provided we do not get any more snow you will be able to drive but be sure to bring a shovel and tow rope. Travel in pairs as you may need both if you find a drift out there.

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Wow, I don’t want to fish in those temps…I sure hope it warms up for the GTG- How has the fishing been Jeff? Do you see us fishing in the bay during the weekend, or are we going to have to travel to find fish?

scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

Depending on what the weather does we may be fishing in the bay if it warms up some. If not we are going to be searching for fish. I have not spent a lot of time over there this year so I can’t tell you where they are right now.

scottsteil
    Central MN

You will be traveling to find fish I have a hunch. It is a little early for the bay to really go.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

what bay do you guys speak of? Tamarack? How far from the resort? Toward the dam, or out to the river channel or around the point? Lots of questions, but the crew and I will be there March 12th and I would love to see half the results you guys experienced last year. PM me if you can get me headed in the right direction, I’ll give a pointer in exchange.

1hawghunter
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

You will be traveling to find fish I have a hunch. It is a little early for the bay to really go.

It is supposed to be in the 30s this weekend and into next week. If the temp stays warm all of next week, the bay should be a good bet. Prepare for some travel just in case.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

I hope weather dot com is wrong, but the highs next week are for the upper teens and lower 20’s

But I’m looking forwrd to the trip.

tamarack
    Lake Winnibigoshish

Wanted to let everyone know that we just had a cancellation on a cabin for the GTG. If anyone needs lodging, give us a call toll free at 866-494-7325. We now have an extra 2 bedroom cabin.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Jeff

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Thanks for the heads up Jeff.

By the way guys…there are no fish in any bay on Winni….Might want to try Green or Lake of the Woods.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I have room as well in cabin #11..

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

I will be arriving on Friday in the AM, but will probably be getting there after everyone heads out on the ice. I would appreciate someone pming me a cell number so I can meet up with the group… Winnie is a BIG lake!! My cell is 608-769-4646 by the way… Thanks. 3 days and counting… Ted

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Do you guys know when you’ll be going out or where you guys will be fishing on Saturday? I’m going to come up for the day. I’ve got a full tank of gas and a bucket of bait that needs to be used up.

1hawghunter
    Grand Rapids, MN

Going out of Tamarack both days. Around 6:00 on Friday, not sure about Saturday. Go on the ice, to the left around the point. You will most likely see a city of shacks set up. See you there

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Fife…check in with Jeff at Tamerack…he’ll have a good handle on where everyones at.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Thanks. The little brother and I will be at Tamarack Saturday morning. See you guys there.

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

What is the best mode of transportation on the lake. Are trucks capable of getting around or should I bring my 4 wheeler or is that not an option either?

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

I’m all but certain that you could travel by truck to most spots, but we’re bringing the wheelers.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

SO who all will be showing up tomorrow and what time?

My crew shold be there between 8 and 9 p.m.

I’m pumped to go. Finish packing up tonight and work half a day tomorrow.

1hawghunter
    Grand Rapids, MN

I am heading up there tomorrow early evening. Should be up there by 7:00 PM. Just in time for

andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

Luke, Yanda, John (Love2fish), bearplotts, and myself will be there early friday morning. See you guys there.

Andy

1hawghunter
    Grand Rapids, MN

Andy, what time are you guys going to get up to John’s?

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

I hope to be up to John’s by around 9:00. Starting to getting pretty pumped up for this. Andy, I’ll try to call you tonight. I am sorry I haven’t yet, but I have been working close to 70 hours a week the past 4 weeks so I could get this Friday off.

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

I will be up there with two buddies at about 8 AM Friday morning…

Ted

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Like Andy said ….I will be loaded up and on the road with yanda and craig by 300 pm, hopefully to John’s before midnight, we are going stop at cabelas in owatanna and stock up on the secret hot bait from custom jigs and spins…

I will be well on the ice by first light on friday morning…My cell is 319-350-5232 if anybody wants to GTG and figure the fish out…

Viewing 30 posts - 151 through 180 (of 189 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.