UNOFFICIAL GTG at Tamarack Lodge

• scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

That would be the 1/8th oz Go Devil!! Firetiger Perch being the number one choice I believe.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Yup what he said.

Thanks Jeff!

scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

Not a problem. Also BK….We are bringing a lot more hot dogs this time. Nothing like a good lunch cook out on the lake. Can you smell them now!!!!

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Great, I have a dozen of the 1/8 oz. firetigers. So do you tip these with minnows or waxies or both?

1hawghunter
    Grand Rapids, MN

You should have both on hand. I use a minnow head (chubs) for the perch and the whole minnow for eyes. Crappie minnows for crappies and waxies for sunnies. Should be a great time.
    I drove out on the ice for the first time this year.
    (Mississippi River backwater area) 15 inches of black ice.
    Crappie were finicky with lots on the screen and no takers. I am sure if I could have stayed until dark they would have turned on.

scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

Thats exactly right. I use a minnow head or even 1/2 of a minnow when fishing Perch, Eyes and Crappie. If there are gills in the area then often times I will use at least one waxie on each hook.

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

Does anybody have a spare bed they would open up? I would love to join you guys, but would most likely be by myself, so getting a cabin for one would be out most likely. If anyone has anything available give me a shout. Thanks.

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

Did you get my message John? If not, let me know, and I will try to resend.

andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

So, what’s the final tally? As far as I know my group of 4 is still coming. Can we get a list on here of who is going?

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

I’m going…! Hope I am in that group of four..

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

I am in for 6!! Can’t wait!! Just have to get back from the 85 degree Mexico sun in time…

Question…anyone heading up for fishing on Friday? I will be heading up and would love to hook up with others that day also.

Big G…you making the trip? I will have a few cocktails waiting…

Ted

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

My group of 4 will be heading up Thursday evening.

andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

luke , i’m pretty sure trevor is in but don’t know about oakley and fessler. maybe it’ll be me, you , trevor and oakley.

chappy, how much do i owe if a guy or two can’t make it. just curious.

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

Andy,

I think Love2Fish has taken over the reservation as I don’t believe Chappy can make it. He contacted me last week and told me there might be a few cancellations and that he could proably find room for me. If one of your buddies decides not to go, I would love to join in. Thanks.

andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

I’ll try to find out this weekend for sure.

Thanks!

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Sounds good buddy! I am 100% I don’t want to miss it this year. I am not fishing the MWC- so nothing should prevent me from going…

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

If anyone has an opening for 1 or maybe 2 let me know. I kind of forgot about this event, but I still would like to make it up there.

andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

I may end up w/ two openings. Bearplots will get one and you could have the other. I’ll let you know asap.

andy

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Thanks!

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

Andy,
    The way I understand it is there are a minimum # needed for each cabin. Example…our cabin has 3 bedrooms and 6 guys in it. Our cabin had a minimum of 4 people required…$40 dollars / person / night. The way it sounds that won’t be a problem anyway.

Ted

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

Fish anytime…are you staying at Tamarack on Thursday?

Everyone…any other recommendations for lures in addition to the go devil firetiger? Would hate to get up there and not have the “secret” weapon…

Ted

andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

Guys, I’m still not sure if I’ll have one or two not coming up. I’ll try to get a solid answer tomorrow.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Quote:

Fish anytime…are you staying at Tamarack on Thursday?

Yep

I spoke to them, Jeff I think, a few weeks ago and made arrangements to arrive at the duplex on Thursday night. I’m guessing the earliest we’ll make it will be 10 p.m.

Also, what other jigs are needed?

scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

Last year the Perch Go Devil did very well. You may also want a few smaller jigs in case they are being finicky that weekend. You can find all the above mentioned at Custom Jigs & Spins One stop shopping!!

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

Jeff, Do you guys have any luck using any of the Gulp products, or do you stick with real waxies and maggots?

Thanks.

scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

I have used a bit of the Gulp but for me I have found I like the real Waxies better.

rangerforme

What weekend was this get together last year, wasn’t it in late march if i remember right?

andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

last year was 11 days later. it should be good this year as well.

Guys. I think we have one spot open so bearplotts can get in. i think love2fish started a roll call somewhere but don’t know where. can someone point me in that direction?

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 189 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.