Shelter license

• tslonek
    Coon Rapids,Mn

What is the proper way to display a shelter license on a portable? I was reading the cuffs and collars section of the outdoor news and came across a few that didn’t have it displayed properly.

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

almost every shelter has a window for your license, its supposed to be mounted on the outside

birddog
    Mn.

Yes, vikefan is correct. The liscense does need to be displayed along with your DL# or your MNDNR# in 2″ letters. Although I don’t see many guys with the DNR# displayed…I do, I have mine written in block letters on a piece of cardboard and vacuum sealed. I slide that in the rear window of my portable.

BIRDDOG

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Your options depend on what kind of house your going to be attaching it to.

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

Does it ‘have’ to be attached to the house. I do not have an area to attach on mine, so what I have done is display it on a large piece of cardboard on the outside of my house

legal?

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Legal?? not sure… but for that effort Id doubt youd be given any trouble

oscar

Another question if you don’t mind. Lets say you own three different fishouses, is it legal to purchase one shelter license and then get two duplicate stickers to put on the other houses? Or would you have to purchase a seperate shelter license for each house?

eyebuster
    Duluth

I would guess that it is illegal!

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

I do not know why a person has to display all that on a portable (clam,otter,frabill etc.) These are houses not to be left on the lake alone. So if the owner is in the house why do they require these type of portables to have this type of display????

eyebuster
    Duluth

Not 100% sure but I do not believe that you have to display this stuff on a sled type shelter in Wi. If you do I have been told wrong and better get a tag.

desperado

Oscar

My understanding is: that would be OK if you’re only using one of the shelters at any given time, but it wouldn’t be legal if two or three were on the ice at the same time.

krisko
    Durand, WI

Quote:

Not 100% sure but I do not believe that you have to display this stuff on a sled type shelter in Wi. If you do I have been told wrong and better get a tag.

No we don’t have to have any info on our portables. If you leave it out there unattended you have to though.

jbob
    Hastings, MN

If you are from MN the new license has a spot for a tie wrap to go through. Put the tie wrap through half moon cut out(same as deer license) and connect it to the zipper on the house’s door.

kurtkid
    South metro

Quote:

Another question if you don’t mind. Lets say you own three different fishouses, is it legal to purchase one shelter license and then get two duplicate stickers to put on the other houses? Or would you have to purchase a seperate shelter license for each house?

Oscar, You must have your DNR # or Address # on all of your fish houses. You only need your Shelter licence on the fish house that your useing while fishing. See MN DNR regulation on this thread.

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Krisco~
    Thanks for the education. I was told I had to have it on a piece of cardboard while I was out on the lake and I thought that was rediculous with the rain and wetness we have had this year. I was thinking the cardboard was just not getting along with the moisture…
    Couldnt read mine if you wanted to now..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.