Propane smell in shack!

• rainman2
    metro area

I posted this on another forum but thought I would post it here as well for more input. Is it common to get a little propane type smell in your shack after your tanks get low on propane when the furnace has ran for a few days?. I know that it is low as soon as I open the door. Just curious. Anybody else have that problem? Thanks.

Rainman

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

If you have a good clean proper burn, you shouldn’t smell anything. You should never be able to smell gas at anytime in your shack or in your home.

Its possible your heater is not burning properly. I would have it checked and see what the CO levels are before using it again. And always have proper ventilation when in use.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Also installing a CO alarm in your shack in not a bad idea. Better safe than sorry.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

As Derek said, you should never smell it.

Better check into it, I’d hate to read about you in the paper!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I have been with some of you clowns in a shack. And it is the methane I would be worried about.

I have noticed the same deal with some of my smaller sunflower heaters when they are about empty. I dont think you get a complete burn when the pressure is not there due to it being empty or close to it.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Chips and hot sauce.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

It’s a sure bet that the holes would not freeze over.
    We gotta get out this year DJ….We can drive anywhere from the front door of the cabin with the sleds.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

You gonna have a kid collecting $10

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Hmmmm, good idea.

If they think they can make a buck, they would set up a minnow delivery service!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.