1st Annual Harbor View Resort Ice Fishing Contest

• ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Cabins are now full.
    Just talked to DNR.All 4 wheelers have to be registered to operate in Iowa.So if the Nebraska guys that want to bring them will need to register in Iowa to be legal.
    Here is the # for the courthouse in Dickinson C.
    1-712-336-1495

shaley
    Milford IA

IA DNR does recognize other states registration for a 10 day period. I do know a ticket for an unregistered one is around $60

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Thanks for the forms Ryan, right now we have 3 pretty good responses, and one is still checking his work rotation. We have a connection for lodging. Lets get ‘er done!

gagervais

hey ryan i maild my form back to ya today and i cant wait for to fish in this tourny….i didnt pay the 5 doller big fish deal but i wan to be in on that would i still be able to get in on it at the rules meeting…
    thanks can not wait

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

No problem,whatever you want to do.
    Ryan Hale

gagervais

is the turny full yet…and how is the ice up there

live2fish
    Carroll Iowa

Certainly wish the ice queen and i could make it but will be in tucson that week. Ryan, we’re hoping to be up that way new years weekend and with a few fishin friends if ice permits, if ya get a chance drop me a pm with availability and pricing for them? Am hoping to wear out our welcome at your resort in late jan early feb. christy is chompin at the bit to go watch the tip up flags fly again. Hope you and the family are well and wish ya a merry xmas my friend. Take care, John

psssst, btw, saw a local dumping some brush this late nov in a spot you and i have bumped into each other at near canal entrance, and i mean ALOT of brush, didnt know the guy but he was about 600 yrs old and told me to urine off when i told him legalities…lol, will pinpoint at later date..lol

nwbuck
    Hartley, IA

Ryan,

This tourney full yet? Only thing that might be an issue is the one line thing…I’ve got a 7 year old that won’t let me out of the driveway with the shack unless he’s coming with But I certainly understand the reason for it.

Been to the pond yet? I saw someone out there a couple of weeks ago but would like another cold snap to try it myself. Still a couple of late ML deer tags to fill anyway.

Dale

P.S. Or now that I think about the date, is this tournament going to be a go? Ice conditions and the forecast for the next week or so don’t look great.

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Dale,we’ve been out to the pond 2x now.
    We still have openings for the tourney.
    And yes the tourney is still on,there is a good 5-7″‘s on Lil Emerson.
    What forecast did you see? It looks great to me for making ice the next week.Lows in the teens,a few days not even above freezing.
    Ryan Hale

nwbuck
    Hartley, IA

I hope that’s right. Weather channel showing 40’s through the weekend and mid to upper 30’s for highs and 20’s for lows next week. I just don’t think we gain much at that rate…would love to see some single digits. Take care.

Dale

ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

Come on guys, I just talked to Ryan last night and there are still 18 spots open. Lets fill them up. Should be a good time!!!!

Ed

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Guys, I’m pretty sure that Todd Consbruck and I have an open spot in our room at Harbor View Resort for the tourney.

Ryan, did Sean ever get his tourney form turned in to you? If not, his spot is open and Todd and I will need a third guy for our room. I’ve PMed him but never heard back from him. I’m guessing he decided against making the trip.

Todd_NE

Ryan – what’s the ice looking like???

Todd

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Wade,nope never heard a thing from him.
    Todd,ice is fine,infact the boys and I have been out on it the last 2 nights.We MIGHT have to hold the tourney on Lil Emerson Bay,instead of the whole bay,but we’ll see.The temps look great for making ice so I’m sure we’ll be able to fish the whole bay.
    Ryan Hale

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.