How about a snow report from Mille Lacs

• hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

Wondering how much snow we got up on the lake?

And how’s the wind too?

Bob………….anyone…………….?

scottsteil
    Central MN

Still snowing, 6 inches and blowing is the last I heard

scottsteil
    Central MN

Just got another report from the NW and they have less, probably 3 inches but blowing and snowing. Report is for 5-9 inches before it is all done, that will make for some HUGE drifts

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Hey Scott,
    Your reports have been really scarce.. What gives????

scottsteil
    Central MN

DEER HUNTING!!!!

I will start actually fishing the lake this weekend. I don’t fish until I have to

Friday is a photo day, Sunday a work day. The reports will be coming soon and often

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

Hey guy’s, just back from Brainerd. Had to take a neighbor to a doc. apt. It’s still snowing here, in Brainerd it had let up some. I think we might have around 4-5 inches on the got. More snow is due in today/tonite/tommorrow….up to 9-10 total they say! The wind has been blowing out of the SE and you can see some bare ice yet on the lake…but there are drifts as someone earlier had said. I’m staying off the lake today….need to blow snow!!

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

You know, I’m kind of glad we now have some snow cover on the lake! It’s been really kind of hairy coming off the lake from say 1 1/2 miles out after dark and all you have is smooth-bare-coal black ice…….leaving no track! I’m sure glad for mapping gps units, as you are able to follow your track back as you went out on!!! besides…..I think it also helps during the early evening bite! You have less light down in the shallow rock reefs. The 5 ‘oclock feeders might bite now at 4 pm!!!!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.