Sunday trip

• BassBull1
    Prairie du Chien,WI

Tried to get out on the north end of Greenmore about mid day on Sunday with no luck.Water is rising way to fast. Couldn’t even make it close to good ice with pack boots on, maybe hip boots but that wasn’t in the cards for this trip.Have to wait for the cold weather to do its thing to make the conditions better I guess.Well I hope everyone had a good weekend.STEVE

elheldt
    N E Iowa

Is Greenmore the same place as Greymore or have I remebered the name wrong? The place I remember used to hold a big Ice Fishing Jamboree every February. It seems like the access there was called Johnson’s Resort or something similar.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Yep Yep !!

Same Place

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

Steve, did you make it out anywhere else Sunday? I fished Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon farther south on the Pool. The bite was pretty good on Saturday but definitely slowed down on Sunday. Caught mostly gills ranging from 7 to 9 inches on glow bugs, rembrandts, and shrimpos.

Alot of people have been taking baths down here. I personally know of 5 different people who have broken through.

BassBull1
    Prairie du Chien,WI

HI Birdman Long time no see!!!!! Didn’t try to get on any other spots yet.I thought in the Ambroes area with the current and deep sloughs was not to my liking.Maybe about Tues. our Wed. I might try Mud Slough tho.. Take care

herb
    6ft under

The river is supposed to drop nearly a foot by next weekend in the PDC area. That might create a bit of current for a while.

BassBull1
    Prairie du Chien,WI

Your right Herb this could change a lot of things going on right now.If it drops real fast we it will raise a lot of h!!!%%ll with the fishing. STEVE

herb
    6ft under

The last forecast update was monday morning.
    Tue. 9.4
    wed. 9.0
    thur.8.7
    fri. 9.1
    sat. 9.2
    sun. 9.0
    mon. 8.9
    with lots of current.
    Can you say “yo yo”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.