No Ice Yet!!

• Jira

Just a quick Minnesota ice condition report. I was just out tonight and wanted to report that there is currently no ice!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

THANK GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let the open water days be longggggggggggg!
    Thanks, Bill

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

It makes me feel better to know I’m not the only one with ice on the brain. Tip ups are repacked and back in the freezer just waiting. Soon there will be new 2LB and 4LB spooled and ready to go also

Bring it on dear Lord

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

It was 39 degrees this morning in Warroad. Winter is coming!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Note to James: Please burn this forum down. If it will keep the ice away!!

Best months of the year are coming folks, Sept – Nov.

herb
    6ft under

winter is coming early this year.

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

Football just started at Winona State University and I always reflect on the fact that when we start it’s as hot as the summer can dish out and by the time we finish we are standing on the water.
    The season does not seem that long either

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

There was ice in the south bays on mille lacs this morning. Should be ice fishing by Labor day.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

FYI: NO ice yet guys. [thank goodness, still got alot more open water fishin to do. ]

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

No Mike [HOF] NO ice yet.

hof
    Rochester, MN

Ha ha Bill, soon – very soon!
    We’ve got our 20,000 ice jigs ready to go!

Good Fishing,
    Mike

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Can’t believe it Bud. It took you only 7 minutes to find it. I thought for sure it would take a couple weeks being as early as it still is. I can’t believe it.
    Thanks, Bill

Destry

no ice in the faibault area yet, should be any day

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

so much for thanksgiving ice

VikeFan

I just checked accuweather’s fifteen day forecast. It is never exactly right, but is usually in the ballpark. If the current fifteen day forecast is anywhere close to being right, no one south of Bemidji needs to get out the ice fishing stuff for Thanksgiving.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Was fishing at Red Wing this weekend and the river and the lake both have NO ICE Mike. [love that open water]

hof
    Rochester, MN

Hey Bill,

Calling for snow Tuesday! Shouldn’t be long now! Remember how to walk on water?

Good Fishing,
    Mike

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Unfortunately I heard snow too. Still want to do alot more open water 50-60 degree weather fishing but think I will have to wait a few months though. If winter is going to come [hope not ] then we need ice before snow to make some good hard safe ice first then alittle snow. I see HOF has a bunch of ice fishing goodies in stock already. Somebodies anxious for ice fishing I can tell.
    Thanks, Bill

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I hear you guys…
    Didnt fish today-
    was home rigging up my ice rods, and airing out the clam…Put some new line on a few of the rods that needed it, lined a tip up, organized everything from tackle to rods in the bucket, ect…all i need is some ice jigs considering I lost a good ammount of my supply fishing trees with 2 lb. test this summer
    Im going to check out ur website hof…i really need some jigs..i hardly have enough to rig up the 5 or 6 ice rods we own..
    Im really excited for ice, but im more excited for the ski hill to open up. looks like next week will be a good week for snow making with lows going as low as the upper teens!
    bring on winter!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Anybody seen any ice in the Wabasha area backwaters yet?
    Thanks, Bill

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.