Picture Test

• crappie catcher
    Central MN

Trying to post a picture.

[image][/image]

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Maybe someday somebody will write a book about posting pictures to this website. If I follow the rules as I understand them (400 X 400 pixels, file 100K or smaller) then I end up with this weird little thumbnail sized picture that I can barely see. Most of the time it’s distorted like a funhouse mirror too. Then along comes somebody (like above) and they throw up a picture that looks like a freakin’ BILLBOARD. How does that happen? I’m seriously confused by this.

Rootski

smullin25
    Hugo,MN

I’t really hurts to see that. Did those fish taste good?

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Who cares how big the picture is!!!!!
    Take a look at what is in the picture! that hurts more

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Well guys, I’m going to play the “devils advocate“ and say that keeping fish is one of the reasons Crappie Catcher bought a fishing license. I’m sure he was proud of those fish and they did not go to waste. The moment we start bashing people for the fish they keep, we become one of those “other” websites. Whether we approve of the photo content or not, negative comments should be kept off the board.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I agree with you Blue Fleck!!!! I can see your point and its something I didn’t realize until I thought about it a little longer! I guess people have there right to keep whatever, as long as they are within limits and lake restrictions! My bad! Nice fish!!!

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

BEAUTIFUL FISH, i hope i can catch some like that come May 14th

crappie catcher
    Central MN

These fish were caught by two of my Grandsons and they were proud of them. No, none of the fish went to waste. [image]http://[/image]

gary_wellman
    South Metro

To each their own in what they choose to eat.

There is nothing wrong in harvesting a bass to eat. My father and his buddies like to eat bass all summer long. They catch them with their sunnies and they fry them both up.

Looks like a good day of fishing to me!!! 3 nice pike and a couple of bass to go with it. That is some good deep frying material there!!!

On another point.
    It is a cool picture with the sunset in the background and the gear laid out.

chico-diablo
    New Richmond, WI

It’s all about making memories.

John Luebker

Quote:

Maybe someday somebody will write a book about posting pictures to this website. If I follow the rules as I understand them (400 X 400 pixels, file 100K or smaller) then I end up with this weird little thumbnail sized picture that I can barely see. Most of the time it’s distorted like a funhouse mirror too. Then along comes somebody (like above) and they throw up a picture that looks like a freakin’ BILLBOARD. How does that happen? I’m seriously confused by this.

Rootski

Rootski – I think it has to do with how you post the picture. If you up load it to the server there is a file size limit. But for example I store my pitcures on some space I get with my Internet provider. and then when I make a post I use the “image” under the “instant UBB Code” Which I believe is how you can get a picture this size. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

shew
    East Bethel, Minnesota

Quote:

Well guys, I’m going to play the “devils advocate“ and say that keeping fish is one of the reasons Crappie Catcher bought a fishing license. I’m sure he was proud of those fish and they did not go to waste. The moment we start bashing people for the fish they keep, we become one of those “other” websites. Whether we approve of the photo content or not, negative comments should be kept off the board.

Blue I agree He has the right to keep them as long as he follows the law. If we all watch what we do then we wont have time to worry about others.

Nice catch.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Do these boys have hands like a fisherman or what!

crappie catcher
    Central MN

The boy’s have had fishing rods in there hands since they could walk. They bait and take most of the fish off there hooks except Northerns.

It seems some people on this post are very critical about my Grandsons and Son-in-Law keeping these fish that were angled legally. These same people don’t even know where these fish were caught and the ecosystem that they came from.

The Bass out of this spring fed lake taste excellent any time of year, one of my wifes favorite. The populations of the different species are healthy except for the Bluegills that are a little stunted from over population.

One thing that happened on this lake that I have never seen before, I had about a 8 to 10″ Bass on my line last Summer when a huge Bass grabbed it on the way in, I pulled it out of her mouth and thought it was a fluke so I dropped the Bass back in the water and it took it again, I pulled it away from her. (Don’t criticize me for dropping the Bass back in, I was just checking to see if that was a fluke that the big one hit it)

My family and I practice catch and release on many of our trips, depending on the body of water we are fishing. Some body’s of water, depending on the ecosystem are better off when some off the species are thinned out, especially if the fishing pressure is not very heavy and the forage base is down.

Ron

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

First off, there’s a special place in heaven for people who take kids out fishing.

Second, it’s called Selective Harvest, folks. There’s nothing wrong with eating a few fish. I can imagine those young boys were very proud to sit down and know they contributed to a great dinner.

Finally, I’ve seen Northerns chase hooked fish but never a Bass. That one must have been a real monster. The stuff dreams are made of !

Welcome to IDA Crappie Catcher.

Rootski

crappie catcher
    Central MN

Hi Rootski,

To post the picture I first uploaded the picture to a site called Imageshack, it’s free.

There will be three different image categories to the right of the photos you uploaded, just highlight the one you want and copy it, I used the top one.

Just underneath where you write your post on this site is (Instant UBB Code) click on Image below that and a box will pop up for your photo, left click in the box, and then right click your mouse and paste the url and your done.

Before I post another picture I will have to learn how to resize my photo so it fits in the screen.

Ron

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Welcome to the site Crappie Catcher…

These guys aren’t critical of keeping fish…they’re just jealous!

kapnjim

Nice fish Crappie Catcher. I know first hand what it is like taking kids fishing. I have a five year-old and we kept a couple of bass earlier this year. It was my son’s FIRST FISH through the ice. I am trying to get him interested in fishing and to throw them back was not the best thing to do that day. He also loves to eat fish.

Once I get the kid hooked on fishing I will then teach him about “catch and release”. I do plenty of that and believe in it as many do. But let’s not jump on people who keep some fish, as Paul Harvey would say: “What’s the rest of the story?”

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Yeah, there is absolutely nothing wrong with keping fish. If all you catch is small fish, keep some, that will allow other fish to grow bigger.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.