Hi Vis line for panfish?

• Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, Minnesota

What are some of peoples preferred high visibility lines they like to use for panfish? Sometimes its all you need is to be able to see the line slightly tighten at the tip of your rod to hook into a light biteing gill.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Stren 2# hi-vis gold is hard to beat but hard to find sometimes. Usually the first to sell out from store shelves.

Frenchman
    West Central Indiana

Vicious 2# Hi-Viz

Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, Minnesota

I’ll have to find some to put on my inline reels!

tucrs
    NW Metro

3lb Suffix Tangerine Ice Magic.

My favorite line since Stren #4 Hi Vis gold is so hard to find.

BBKK
    IA

Pops likes the sufix 3# tangerine as well.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

I am a big fan of the 2# Cortland Ice Line in green… I even use the stuff in 6# for my late p.m. walleye jig fishing when I am pitching light jigs to the shoreline. I looked at some of the 2# red Cajun, but just couldn’t see it. Once the Cortland is off the shelf in the summer and I run out, my next line of choice is the Hi-Vis Stren Gold!!!

Mark

icefanatic11
    Birnamwood, WI

Also a big fan of Stren high vis gold 2# and Suffix ice magic tangerine 3# but the Viscious panfish high vis line is quickly moving up my list. I really wonder why stren doesn’t get more of their product out there, it’s obviously good but yet it is like striking oil if you find a shop or store that carries it.

Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, Minnesota

What are people’s opinion of vicious panfish line for quality? I’ve for the most part been using P-line.

Frenchman
    West Central Indiana

I have had no problems with Vicious. Used it the last 2 years and have a buddy that has used it for at least the last 3. Pulled up a 37″ Pike on 6# line last year. Only complaint I have is finding it in 3#. But that is being picky.

Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, Minnesota

Yeah its gotta be able to handle the accidental pike or bass while panfishing once in awhile.

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

Ill second the #3 ice Magic in Tangerine as a great ice line for gills and crappies. – QB

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.