Spoons and jigging raps storage?

• DrakeRoth22
    NULL

How does everyone store both of these? I really like the idea of having everything separate not touching.. I mean 5 and 6 bucks a lure I wanna keep the paint on em right?.. I have thought about putting them in tinny tubes and just stacking them in a tackle box?.. Let’s hear what u guys do and pictures would be great!

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

I’m going to rig up a wire or two in my garage this spring to hang all my ice fishing tackle on that I won’t be using in the open water season. Last fall I switched from dropping jigs/minnow to dropping a Tingler/minnow head and I saw an increase in my hookup % as well as the bite% when the fish were less active. So I may not be stowing away all my “ice fishing spoons” this year… Once the open water season arrives I’ll post an update on how my “winter spoons” are fairing on the open water.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Jigging spoons/Jigging raps go into “Project Cases” found at FF. with 1″ garage door foam insulation.
    Walleye/panfish jigs go into clam cases.
    Everything goes into this bag from FF including:
    9ah Batter
    Barometer
    Torch
    Few Pliers
    Fish Grips
    Aqua Vu- Micro
    Digital Scale
    Hand warmers, asprin, batteries
    Headlamp
    Ice Cleats
    4#, 6#, 10# line.
    Etc

Small spinnerbait container containing:
    plastics
    misc terminal tackle
    etc

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I also store cranks this way.

I like the foam method because it makes it easy to identify the lure you want and it also takes less time to actually retrieve it from the tacklebox as hooks are not intertwined. Also, keeps tackle dry and from rusting.

I took those pictures above over noon. Took them right out of the bag. I’ve fished 16 days this month and that bag has been along the entire time. SO if there is any question as to how well they stay untangled…just look at the pics.

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

I like yours better than mine!

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

It’s my best tackle storage system yet.

Too bad all my boat tackle can’t fit into a nice bag.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.