Cold Water Ice Survival.

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Good time of year this video. You late ice guys might want to take a quick look at it. Good refresher on how to get you self out of the water if you happen to go through. Its about 10 minutes long. Like the spot where it talks about finding a guy with his beard froze to the edge of the ice and it saved him from slipping back under.

Cold Water Survival

broadwaybob
    Janesville, WI

The only time I ever went thru the ice was at late ice below Dresbach. The ice I was on that day ended up 1/2 mile downstream two hours after I went thru.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Ive only been through once. Knew it was coming. Ice pulled away from the shoreline we had to cross over to. Just went for it on the last 15′ or so and in I went. Worst part was landing in that rotten stinking marsh mud.

Stuff like that isnt much to worry about. Got wet, went home. Its those unexpect dunkings that can get a person in real trouble real fast.

DWSDave31
    Southern WI

I hope I never need this set of skills but im sure glad that I know them… thanks for the re-up I say do it every year your probably going to save someone’s life

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.