Wet knees

• Cp3
    Hammond, WI

I was just wondering if it might be the bibs I have or the ice conditions right now. With the warm weather it was slush on the lake tonight and my knees got soaked Would this happen with any brand or is there bibs out there that could withstand water better?

muskychaser
    Prescott, Wi

My Ice armors perform well tonight no wet knees, I should of left when you did. Didn’t catch another fish, but it sure was nice out!

BBKK
    IA

Check your seams and the top of the knee pad for holes. Kneeling on the ice when its real cold can lead to punctures, had that problem myself. I just put a tiny dab of GOOP on the small holes and never got another leak. Same for when I brushed the auger against my leg by accident and cut a big slice in my bibs.

kruger
    Metro,mn

I don’t think you should have any leaks no matter the brand…I’ve got the cheap vexilar cold snap bibs($100) that I really like and have never had any leaks

blufloyd

blu doesn’t crawl around on ice or sit on carpet in retail stores. Saves a lot of trouble in long run.

castle-rock-clown

Camping stores have a brush on product for resealing Tent floors. It’s a polyurethane coating that is thin and flexible. It goes on milky, but dries transparent.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

My new arctic armor – Dry knees.

My OLD striker ice lite – wet knees

My NEW striker climate suit – Dry Knees.

…They all start out waterproof and eventually wear/leak

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

The kicker is they are new this year I had them out only 4 times

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Quote:

What brand bibs are you talking about?

esox23

Expedition Outdoors Anorakk suit = dry knees for me. Great suit for the money.

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

Quote:

Quote:

What brand bibs are you talking about?

I’m not bashing on any brand and before this all happened I really liked these bibs. So with that said it might even be a manufacture defect I’m not sure. But to answer your question they are the Frabill Suit; Jacket & Bib (not the IceSuit or the Snosuit)

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Frabill-Suit-Jacket-Bib-L&i=717369

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

After a hard winters use, the next year you can expect to see some leakage without taking any waterproofing measures. Lots and Lots of hole hopping on ice in below zero temps.

After 4 trips is terrible though.

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

Quote:

After 4 trips is terrible though.

Right! That is my thoughts exactly. So they are under warranty and I’m planning on returning and looking for something else.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

My buddy called me from Reeds a few hours ago, i guess they have an ice armor suit for $130. 2xl.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.