Webster GTG Meeting Time for Morning of 3/1

• Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

Hi all we will plan to meet at 0700 at the Parking lot of the Hardware Store on the Corner of US HWY 12 and SD HWY 25 in Webster. It is on the NW corner of the intersection and right next to the Sportsmens Cove bait shop. We can all grab bait there and and head to the destination. I havent decided yet where we will fish. I plan on fishing tomorow as well as Friday. A few people have contacted me about fishing Friday and I told them to call me Thursday night. My cell again in nine52 412 five092. I figure 0700 gives us a good early start dont want to miss the morning bite. – QB

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Bummed that i can’t make it.

Hope to hear lots of reports and stories about the GTG!

Todd Henneberg
    Boyd, MN

I am so ready!! Just got my TUCR Noodle in yesterday, reel is on and all spooled up.

Egts

Quote:

I am so ready!! Just got my TUCR Noddle in yesterday, reel is on and all spooled up.

Did TUCR come out with another rod? I haven’t scene the Noddle yet…..just kidding, your gonna like that noodle.

1jeremy
    iowa

I’ll be out on Bitter early Friday morning…

Quote:

I’ll be out on Bitter early Friday morning…

Let us know how you do!

Anyone know of any hot tackle that is a must bring, or are we going to be pretty well set using a gold slender spoon with green sticker. I’ve never fished the area before.

Any jigging rap colors that work better than others?

How about ice conditions; is it worth bringing a sled, or is ATV or truck a better option? Thanks for any info.

1jeremy
    iowa

typically use buck shot rattle spoon ranging from 1/8 to 3/8 oz golden perch, silver shiner, golden shiner or slender gold and red slender spoon. never know options is a good thing

Chance R.
    South Central S.D.

i’d say you should be good to go with the truck! was out last wknd and had no problems. would be one cold ride on the sled or atv!

PowerKjigs
    Edina, Land of the C.E.'s

Are new members allowed to tag along on this expedition?

Jay Hulser
    S.E. Iowa

I fished Bitter last week. Friday, Saturday, & Sunday morning. If you have a camera take it! I started out with
    N.L. Rattle,VMC rattle. Slender spoons, Drop chains (Pillkeys). But the best go to was a small/heavy Fiska (red)or (gold) with a waxy. Diamond jigs would work. Tungsten. Something heavy but very small. (33’water) Very lite biting perch for sure. You’ll see the perch but getting them to take it was the trick. I had jumbos stare at the jig for 5 minutes then slowly swim off. Very frustating. In my group the guys with cameras caught more fish. Good luck and let us know how you all do. I wish I could be there this weekend. Last weekend was cold and windy to say the least.
    Still a great time on the ice. It’s fishing!

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Quote:

Are new members allowed to tag along on this expedition?

Yes any member of IDO is welcome on any of the GTG. Call or text QB or just meet up at the hardware store.

1jeremy
    iowa

Bitter provided! Caught me another wall hanger!! had some sorting, in four good hours had ten 12″ plus and two nice cleaner walleyes.

if figure out how to post some picks I’ll do that.

Egts

We started at Lardy, but got skunked. We ended up on Enemy Swim with 65 gills 8″ – 9 1/2″.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.