Ice Force Lithium battery in an FL-20?

• Bigwalleye30
    MN

Anyone know if the ice for lithium battery will work in a FL-20? And whether or not the built in charger on the ultra pack would work with it as well? If so I’m thinking about upgrading to make it a lot lighter.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I’m not positive about the charger.. but I know the Lithium Battery will work just fine…

The vex charger would work OK. But, I wouldn’t pay that sort of coin for a battery, then skimp on the charger. The vex charger is a 1amp, likely @ 13volts max. The Li chargers that I’m familiar with, I believe are the same as the Ice Force charger, put out 4amps @ 14volts. Higher potential and way faster charge. For battery longevity, it’s suggested that Li batteries be charged quickly and to their full potential of around 13.7volts.

BBKK
    IA

Some lithiums have the charging circuit built right in, so you can use any charger. Some do not and take a lithium only charger. Not familiar with that exact battery, but something to check when searching for one.

Michelle1969
    NULL

Will this battery work in very cold temps? the only reason I ask is that I’ve heard the problems the ION auger has in very cold temps.

turkeynate
    Iowa

It works great on my 28. Get the charger for it. If your spending the money don’t skimp on a non proven charger. Besides you will only need one charger for multiple Lithium batteries. They charge up quick. And trust me the weight savings alone is worth it! I plan to buy more of them to replace all my batteries. Once you get one you will want more…

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Quote:

Will this battery work in very cold temps? the only reason I ask is that I’ve heard the problems the ION auger has in very cold temps.

After last week, I have to give a great big ABSOLUTELY. We hit an un-comfirmed -30 air-temp nearby, and windchill values at their coldest approached almost double that. My LX-7 had the Ice Force Lithium battery in it when filming the Lake of the Woods crappie show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyagX5–UwY

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

Guys I just ordered the battery and the charger from Ice Force as they were on sale. Does the charger have a float mode where you can leave it hooked up after the charge is complete ?

turkeynate
    Iowa

Quote:

And whether or not the built in charger on the ultra pack would work with it as well?

From ice force website…
    Must be charged with the Lithium 12Volt 3Amp Battery Charger , sold separately (item SEE12V3ALBC). A standard SLA charger will only charge the battery to 50%.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I want one bad but just cant justify it to myself when it represents 7 regular 9amp batteries like the one I picked up today at Mills for $19. Eventually I will probably own one. Hopefully the price comes down by the time I cant hold out anymore.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I want one bad but just cant justify it to myself when it represents 9 regular 9amp batteries like the one I picked up today at Mills for $19. Eventually I will probably own one. Hopefully the price comes down by the time I cant hold out anymore.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Feb 2nd was ground hogs day so quit repeating yourself

turkeynate
    Iowa

Quote:

I want one bad but just cant justify it to myself when it represents 9 regular 9amp batteries like the one I picked up today at Mills for $19. Eventually I will probably own one. Hopefully the price comes down by the time I cant hold out anymore.

The weight savings and faster recharge time make it worth the extra money! Take the plunge!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Lets be honest here. The difference in weight is not that big of a deal unless you are a newborn midget. Nice but insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

Ray Gylsen
    Glenwood,Mn

What is your idea of the grand scheme. Light is right.

matt-p
    White Bear Lake, MN

Light is a big factor for me. I dont have the Ice Force one but one very similar. I have found it will run much longer than my old battery. This is nice for when I go on trips where I don’t have access to power to charge the battery (LOTW). Or I am putting in a really long day. I do not worry even the slightest about my flasher turning on. Also with the lithium battery I have found I get less interference from Marcum’s to my vex because the battery actually does give it a little bit more power.

bee
    Maine

Quote:

What is your idea of the grand scheme. Light is right.

For us old bucks that still run and gun it means a lot. For you young guys that drill a couple holes and set a trap then sit around maybe not so important.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.