Plastics storage?

• DrakeRoth22
    NULL

So im starting to get a good # of plastics building up and starting do do very good with them. Just wondering what everyone does to arganize them? In or out of the package? in a tub or bag? i have all them still in the package but i run and gun a lot so i was hoping for a method that dosent take up a lot of room.

rednax
    Southern WI

I keep mine in small ziplock style baggies with each color in its own bag in an organizer or larger bag

FryDog62

I ran into this same dilemma in the past couple years as my plastics inventory grew. For me personally I found the plastics to keep longer, stay fresher if they stayed in their original packaging. I have a large soft sided Cabelas tackle storage box with 3700 boxes in them. With all the dividers inside of each box, its hard to lay all the plastics bags in there. So, I went to Lowe’s and bought a Dremel (my excuse to finally buy one). Cut out the dividers so its one big open box. Laid the plastics bags in there and it works great and has a place to be stored inside the larger tackle box.

I found previously with other zip lock bags, etc, I didn’t have anywhere to put them besides blowing all over the boat, or getting wedged down in storage compartments. Some of my Moxi paddle tails ended up at the bottom and got mis-shapened and didn’t swim right any more.

Now, I actually have two boxes now for plastics labeled “grubs” and “creatures.” Workin’ for me anyway…

BBKK
    IA

Since I only carry a select few plastics on the ice, I put them in a plano 3701 box. Then I have a small CJ&S box that has 6 of my most used plastics/colors in my bibs at all times. The rest are in bags at home or in the truck.

Palerider77

Berkeley makes a nice folder for them, I got mine off of amazon.

bronzbak
    Long way from home

Leave them in the bags they come in. Or if you want to separate buy small bags from craft store. You do not want to mix up different manufactures baits. Not all plastisol is the same and many will react to each other. You can have a nice glob of melted baits this way. I have been pouring for quite some time and have seen it over and over.

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

Open Plano storage box with no dividers works for me – QB

kroger3
    blaine mn

I keep them in there orginal bags then use the plastic plano spinner bait boxes with the dividers removed. Works pretty good for around $5!

Bryan Myers

This is what I use its from sportsmans direct I mix the types of plastics but I keep them separated by color so they don’t bleed on one another. This makes it really easy to carry lots of plastics on me at all times I just put it in the pocket of my bibs and that’s where they stay all year.

Poorboy
    Illinois

I store my plastics in the small plastic box that the Mora auger blades come in.

Invader440
    Fosston, Mn

Plano 1098 Tackle Logic SoftSider Worm Wrap for ice fishing plastics then for open water season I transfer everything to an Outdoor Etc Sports Large Tackle Binder which has the rest of my plastics in. I also keep everything in the bag it comes in.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.