Lx-9 and LX-7 ran flawless with new updates!

• Poorboy
    Illinois

Ran both units for 2 days for about 10hrs at various depths. After we set up our shack we took about a half hour to check out our units and made some fine tuning adjustments and minor tweaking. After the adjustments and we were satisfied with them we fished and never needed to reach down and push any more buttons other than the power button at the end of our day.
    Been reading a few other posts about users having issues with the their units and in my opinion I think the units may be fine and just need to be adjusted properly and with these units being so new to the market it may take some people a little longer than others to get them dialed in.

Thanks to GlennD for taking the time to install the new version into my unit and a big thumbs up to Marcum for producing these unbelievable high end units!

Marcum12

So what were the settings you used? How deep were you fishing? Just trying to get an idea. I used mine after the update and it was fine in 18 ft.

I’m starting a support group for you folks still running circles on your digital marcums.. You guys totally crack me up.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I’m starting a support group for you folks still running circles on your digital marcums.. You guys totally crack me up.

I say the same about guys NOT running “circles.”

No wrong way to catch a fish.

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

Glad it worked out Charlie !!! We’ll get together soon !!

Poorboy
    Illinois

fishwater – And what is your choice for a screen display?

castle-rock-clown

No circles for me. I just run a vertical columns in zoom and the graph…I like watching the ones that got away for a while. And when I get bored I make designs with my bait on the graph.

Quote:

fishwater – And what is your choice for a screen display?

I’m on CastleRockClowns team on this, I run full graph and two columns. The graph gives too much info not to display imo.

Personally, I feel the circle is a total waste of obviously limited programming capacity. That and the ducer offset.

Poorboy
    Illinois

So because your preference is not using flasher mode and you laugh at others for using the flasher mode?

Did you ever think of calling Marcum and telling them to eliminate the flasher mode because you don’t like to use it?

Whatever I feel comfortable with I will use to put fish on the ice, some people just never cease to amaze me ….

Pb, I’m just joking around. Honestly, only the Instant Graemlins are laughing, and pointing and laughing and whistling musical notes.

Circles are cool, I’m serious about that.

Marcum12

I ran mine today for the first time without the flasher, just the 2 verticals and the graph. What a difference. I loved it. Never would have thought I would not want to run it without the flasher. It did freeze up on me once but after that it was good.

Ekez

The circle on my lx6 doesn’t hum and grind and hiss at me when I’m trying to fish.

Quote:

I ran mine today for the first time without the flasher, just the 2 verticals and the graph. What a difference. I loved it. .

Brother, you now see the light! Now all you need to do is switch it to night mode and crank AC/DC’s Back in Black and your conversion will be complete.

Marcum12

I have been running it in night mode all along. Yesterday I had a little problem where the graph cut in half and the half that was showing turned all kinds of colors. Looked like I had a HUGE fish under me. I switched modes back and forth and it cleared up. Never did it again the rest of the day. So I’m not sure what to make of that. It did freeze up for a second or two once but barely noticed it.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.