xt 650 cabin thermal top

• crappies

just got a the new otter cabin xt 650 thermal top. just wanted to know any tricks on putting it together or does and donts. im ready to get this rig out on the ice. I fished out of other flip overs styles but not an otter. this will b my first flip over tent and cant wait to begin the assault! thanks for replys

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Measure twice, cut/drill once. Take your time and follow the instructions. I did it last year.

to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

I believe the 650’s have the bench seats, and those may be different than the 1200’s, but I found with my 1200, I would like to have drilled the mounting holes for the rear seat bracket at least 3/4 of an inch lower than they recommend. The way it is now, the back of the seats are too high essentially trying to dump you out of the seat. I fixed this by adding washers to create more space between the seat bracket and the seat itself. Again; not sure if this is the same on the 650, but something you could pay attention to when you assemble.

Zach Peterson
    Austin, Mn

Quote:

Measure twice, cut/drill once. Take your time and follow the instructions. I did it last year.

X2

Put mine together about a month ago. Follow the directions and take your time. If I were to do it over again the only thing I would do different is have a buddy there to help me when needed. That thing can be a beast at times trying to handle on your own.

gbfan10
    Hastings, mn

I just built mine in the garage 2 weeks ago.. I do remember trying to get the screws into the plastic washers and then trying to get that mess to self tap was a pain. I think pre drilling with a small bit worked better for me. (This was in the aluminum pole of course)

crappies

thanks a lot guys for the info.

milemark_714

You will want to use Loctite red on those screws/caps on the frame.Otherwise they may come loose over time.Loctite 271 is what I had used.

Phil Bauerly
    Walker, MN - Leech Lake

I did mine two months ago and the only thing I can say is mount the seat before the top, that will be much easier.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.