Otter medium ATV box

• brittlab
    North Central Iowa

I just got my Otter medium box and I’m not seeing a way to attach it to my Polaris sportsman XP 550 rear rack. It came with 4 U bolts but those don’t seem like they will work. What am I missing?

big_g
    Isle, MN

Did you remove the existing tube rack ?

Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

Quote:

I just got my Otter medium box and I’m not seeing a way to attach it to my Polaris sportsman XP 550 rear rack. It came with 4 U bolts but those don’t seem like they will work. What am I missing?

Do you have the Plastic rack with the speed mounts? (1 inch diameter holes designed for Polaris accessories?)

My Sportsman has that so what I did was picked up 4 of the Polaris long anchors and mounted them into my otter box and all is well. Once the anchors are tightened the box isn’t moving.

brittlab
    North Central Iowa

yes I have the rack with speed mount holes. I currently have the lock and ride but needed to upgrade to hold my LX-7. I’ll have to order the long anchor mounts.

brittlab
    North Central Iowa

Quote:

Quote:

Do you have the Plastic rack with the speed mounts? (1 inch diameter holes designed for Polaris accessories?)

My Sportsman has that so what I did was picked up 4 of the Polaris long anchors and mounted them into my otter box and all is well. Once the anchors are tightened the box isn’t moving.

You drilled holes through bottom of box for anchors and attached them on the inside? Do you recall where you bought these?

18fisher
    Hastings,MN

Don’t waste your money ordering the longer mounts. I extended mine by using a 3/8″ bolt cut to length and 1/2″ PVC pipe cut to make up the difference. All you do is drill a hole in the bolt for the roll pin.

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

I just drilled four 1/4″ holes (one in each corner) of the box and used large fender washers to bolt it to the rack. Your flasher should be fine with the suspension, you could add some padding like a old shirt to set it on. Be sure to mount the box far enough back that you have room to remove your seat. The U-bolts are for tube racks and are not long enough to use with the Polaris rack.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.