metal arms for marcum flasher

• Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Sure would be nice to have a couple of those machines in your garage!
    Good luck Shane!

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Sure would be nice to have a couple of those machines in your garage!
    Good luck Shane!

no doubt, right? then a person would start thinking about doing it on their own instead of working for someone, and then wouldnt have much time for hobbyist stuff (

montyst509
    Oconomowoc, WI

Thanks Shane123, put my Ice Machine back together, and trim the pieces up a little. Now about the ice…

Attachments:
    1. IMAG0135.jpg

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

looks good!!

fireline
    Rochester

Are you taking orders ?

fishrman
    SE Iowa

Those arms look pretty slick. I still have the float on my 22! I am going to try the arms this next season and wondered if you made them for the Vex 22 and how it attaches?? Thanks Shane!

Todd Henneberg
    Boyd, MN

Tuned Up Custom Rods will have arms in the near future. We can get you hooked up. fishrman the arms have a bushing that works for Humminbird or Vexilar. Comes with arm, just have to state what machine you have.

PAT MCCAULEY

DO YOU STILL HAVE THESE AVAILABLE? I NEED ONE FOR MY HUMMINBIRD PTC CONVERSION BASE.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

I would also be interested.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Just emailed him and he job change and does not make them any more. I was sad to hear this.

From March 2015

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Sorry guys, haven’t kept up with the forums.

I changed jobs in march of 2015 and no longer have access to a cnc mill. I have retrieved some quotes from companies to machine these,but currently the price break to make them cheap requires big investments, and even then it would cost more than before. It seems that if you try to find the most efficient place to do them, they have more overhead to cover in their quote (

I have prototypes being made by my brother at a company he works for, being laser cut. The 3/8 thick ones he cut seem alot bulkier and heavier due to not having it pocketed out on the bottom, so we are going to try 1/4 inch thick and see what those feel like. I wouldn’t be able to offer any engraving on these. A person could do some etching with etching paste, but that could turn into a task if trying to do a different etching for every order…. I’m still leery about this venture as I’m not in total control of the process, and my name is on the line for quality.

Here is the prototype of the laser cut 3/8 version.

Attachments:
    1. 1448284641426-1560381085.jpg

Josh Palma

Does anyone know if Tuned Up Customs is selling the arms now? Looked on their website and couldn’t find anything on them.

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Does anyone know if Tuned Up Customs is selling the arms now? Looked on their website and couldn’t find anything on them.

That’s because I was the one making them for TUCR.

Unhappy update….
    The quotes I got back from a few companies were just too high to make it feasible. Reason the quotes were high is because they have alot of overhead to cover (wages, insurance, pension, etc.)

In July 2017, my child support will be all finished so I will be able to afford about used cnc soon after. I know that’s quite of after jog out there for a date, but atleast it won’t be forgotten…. had a couple friends that have joked around with the idea of a go-fund-me or kick-starter to get the arms back up in production, but it’s truly not feasible to do that either. Granted I could get a decent enough cnc mill for 5-8 grand at auction, but other expenses come into play like cement work for machine foundation, trucking the machine, tooling, fixturing, etc. So my initial investment is looking around 15-20k and a kick-starter or go-fund-me is really out of line for a 25 dollar set of arms…

So, it is what it is, till I can come up with better quotes or resources to get this going again….

Thanks again guys!

Jess

Hey Guys, I haven’t heard from Shane in awhile. A friend of mine and I are starting to make these arms. If you are interested please let me know.

Thanks,

Jess

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Jess, put a post up in the classifieds with a picture or two.

waytogo

Viewing 16 posts - 31 through 46 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.