awesome drill for ice auger (just a suggestion)

• jigmasterflex
    Lake Wissota, Wisconsin

just put my new drill through it’s paces this morning and it is a beast, it’s a hitachi DV18DBL brushless hammer drill, it has a pretty neat feature in that you can select either low or high range and within that torque range adjust to 4 different speeds, i had the next model down (not sure what model but it wasn’t brushless)and that thing was pure garbage, couldn’t get enough torque to turn the blades on a 5″ lazer without ratcheting out, but this thing is a tank, i must’ve drilled 20 holes on one battery and never ran out of juice, when I got home about 10 min on the charger and she was at full power again, I must not have run much down at all on the battery, it cranks 654 in pounds of torque out of an 18 volt which is pretty nuts and it was on sale at menards for 179.99 which sits pretty comfortably under dewalt and milwaukee (both excellent tools), it has a lifetime warranty which usually doesnt add up to much but with hitachi the customer service is pretty decent at least on their nail guns, just wanted to forward this on in case anyone is currently looking for a new drill

good luck out there and happy hunting, jigmasterflex

“when the water gets hard so do I”

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

I’ll take Hitachi over most brands any day.

catmando
    wis

You sold one for menards today, Put it on my 7 inch lazer and man that thing cuts. Hole hoppin with my 4 inch lazer will be a cake walk.The big 10 inch lazer 3hp will stay in the truck . THANKS for the tip

PB2

How much for the Hitachi guys?

catmando
    wis

179.00 Plus you get 2 high power ion batteries

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.