Aluminum pole oxidizing prevention

• tripjorgen
    NESD

I purchased an otter 1200 cabin the beginning of this year and was wondering if there is anything I can do to prevent the aluminum poles from oxidizing. I don’t know if otter recommends anything special. My previous flip over was an old green Eskimo quick flip II and the poles oxidized the eventually rusted thus making the gliding of the poles not so smooth. I DO NOT want that to happen to my otter. Any advice would be appreciated.

munchy
    NULL

Spray silicone works great and leaves no residue that attracts dirt like wd40 does. I usually spray mine once or twice a season whenever I notice the poles sticking.

milemark_714

I thought the otter frame pcs were anodized?

Bryan Myers

Otter uses an anodized aluminum to prevent any oxidization, and for me I have not had any problem with my poles on any of my Otters in the past. I wouldn’t worry to much about it but if you did want to put something on it silicone spray would be what I would use.

castle-rock-clown

Also spray the zippers with silicone makes them work slick and reduces stress…they will also last longer.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Quote:

Also spray the zippers with silicone makes them work slick and reduces stress…they will also last longer.

Do this on a regular basis and you won’t have icing issues either.

gbfan10
    Hastings, mn

Quote:

Quote:

Do this on a regular basis and you won’t have icing issues either.

Will this work on the new pair of pants I just bought? I don’t want any icing problems

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.