Vexilar issue

• damman
    Pepin county Wi

When I turn my vex on I can hear it run and see the doohickey spinning around but do not get any color marks. The dial is completely blank. Any thoughts on what the issue could be ?

stasney
    New Prague, MN

Check the battery with a volt meter to see if that’s the issue.

07lotwchamp
    Andover, Mn

Check connection to batter, corroded or black color cables leading into connectors, my dad had same issue and we found that after we cut power cable and got clean wires and new connectors it fixed the issue.

CJ

Also make sure your transducer cable is plugged into the back of your unit. This happened to me a couple weeks ago and that was the issue.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Either ducer issue or low voltage issue.

zachabbott
    NULL

Definitely battery. I just put my vexilar on the charger because it was low, and it was doing that. It sounded like a weak spring with no colors.

BBKK
    IA

Take it out and touch the positive and negative leads to your truck battery or boat battery. See if you see any color. If not then you know its not a battery issue. Simple 30 second test.

tight-lines

Not to completely hijack your thread but it has me thinking and it hurts.

I have had my vex fl-18 about 5-6 years and had zero issues. Should I send it in on the off season to be tunned up and cleaned to keep from having issues or wait till the problems arise?

Ekez

Quote:

Not to completely hijack your thread but it has me thinking and it hurts.

I have had my vex fl-18 about 5-6 years and had zero issues. Should I send it in on the off season to be tunned up and cleaned to keep from having issues or wait till the problems arise?

Sell it and get an LX-7, problem solved, Hijacking of thread over

tight-lines

Pass. I have had zero problems with the vex and will put it against any marcum. It comes back to the old Ford Chevy debate, and Im a GMC man.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

I’m pretty sure it’s a chrome and blue issue, you might also wanna try taking it out of your truck

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.