Sodal Sucess Continues Through The Cold Front

• Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

Withthe recent cold temps that have hit South Dakota we have seen an increase in ice production as well as fisherman. Plenty of Wheelhouses and vehicles out with travel a little more difficult due to snow on some lakes, no slush that I have noticed yet.

Perch are biting on mainlake basins with the tips of points or islands seeming to concentrate fish better than other areas. Perch are running 10-13inches. Best lures seem to be VMC rattle spoons, and 1/8 tinglers in glow red or green. Pug bugs in red are working well for finicky fish with a few spikes on the business end.

Sunfish are being caught on shallow weedflats. Look for them as well as the crappies to move some to deeper dropoffs or midlake humps as pressure increases and winter wears on.

The TUC precision is still my #1 hitter for me and the guys fishing with me, the QT works nicely paired with 3lb sufix Ice Magic with smaller pug bugs.

With Colder temps comign and January now here I am gonna focus more on setting up on structure and fishing some walleyes after the initial panfish rush here first ice. See how long this last with perch bites popping up. Wishing you all cold slimey hands – QB

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

SODAK* to many 12 hour shifts people have a happy 2014

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Man your cleaning table is sure getting a work out! Awesome job there bud

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

You are on them! Nice work.

scmelik
    South Dakota

Nice work QB, its time for me to get the heck out of Brookings and into the truck pointed in a northerly direction

Frenchman
    West Central Indiana

Awesome job fellas!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.