EFI ice auger

• mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

With the last few years we have seen the 4stroke augers grow in popularity. With that said there has been talk of them being cold blooded and such.

This has me thinking of technology and 4strokes. How far off do you suspect battery-less EFI is on our 4stroke augers.

Sleds have been running EFI since the late 90’s but I have not seen it in a small engine application.

Just thinking out loud. Could maybe help with the cold starting issues some have. Oh and to drive the cost up too.

Mnfisher2015
    Milaca, MN

I think they should do that also! Could not agree more. We know enough about stuff nowadays where we should be able to have a realible auger that will get the job done anytime we need it to

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Throw in a supercharger and I will start icefishing again.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Quote:

Throw in a supercharger and I will start icefishing again.

X2

the_grump
    Le Center

EFI auger would be a great thing, but how many would be willing to plop down $1500-2 grand for one? Not this cheap skate

Anonymous
    Inactive

Call me old school, but I like carbs. My old SM was running a little rough the first fire up of the year. Pulled the carb, cleaned, runs like a champ now. Simple is good…

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Dont get me wrong, I have profited a great deal buying items with motors that don’t run very cheap and simply cleaning the carb to resell it.

I love carbs because I know them and seafoam does not work…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.