Marcum Lx6

• timmy

I just picked up a 1-yr old LX-6 for a good deal from a good friend. I know nothing about these, and I have read that software updates are a common event, …….so what is involved for doing an update?

And BTW, what would be considered a good price on a like-new 1yr old unit?

T

big_g
    Isle, MN

Did you get Cal’s ?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I just picked up a 1-yr old LX-6 for a good deal from a good friend. I know nothing about these, and I have read that software updates are a common event, …….so what is involved for doing an update?

And BTW, what would be considered a good price on a like-new 1yr old unit?

T

Here’s the step-by-step to perform the upgrades. If the formatting is too wonky to deal with after the copy and paste find the original document here. http://marcumtech.com/~marcum/lx-6-firmware The whole process takes about 3 minutes.

LX-6 Software Update v3.17

Update Procedure

System requirements – PC only computer with 2.0 USB port and a 2.0 USB cable. Do not attempt upgrade without 2.0 port or cable.

Save the LX6main.bin file from the MarCum website to your desktop (do not change the file name or extension).

Plug in a USB 2 cable to your computer. DO NOT plug it into the LX6 display at this point.

Remove the LX6 display from the gimbal

Remove the transducer from the LX6 display

Plug in power to the display from the 12v9amp battery provided with the LX6

Press and hold the down arrow, continue to hold the down arrow then press and hold the power button together until the screen flashes and you see the LX6 logo appear on the screen.

Release both buttons, and listen for the chirping. Chirping will remain consistent. If the unit powers off you have held the buttons down too long.

Plug in the USB cable to the LX6 display (your computer should automatically recognize the external LX6 device). If not go into My Computer and you should see the external LX6 storage device. It could take your computer several minutes to recognize the LX6 storage device.

Warning: If you see a message stating, “this process could perform faster with USB 2”. STOP– you will need to try a different USB port on your computer until you do not receive this message.

Drag the file from your desktop to the external LX6 device that popped up on your computer

Listen for the long steady beep followed by chirping

When you hear the chirping, safely eject using the “safely remove hardware” icon normally found on the bottom right hand corner of the screen of your computer.

Power down the LX6 display using the power button

Replace the rubber USB plug

Reassemble the LX6

Go Fish!

timmy

Thanks, James.

That was what I was looking for!

Anybody got an idea what a fair price is on a 1yr old unit?

ps0345

Honestly it’s worth what ever you’d be willing to pay for it. A great deal for a lx6 would be 400-450 and depends if the battery still is good or not. Heck I’ve seen lx7’s go for 500

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Quote:

Honestly it’s worth what ever you’d be willing to pay for it. A great deal for a lx6 would be 400-450 and depends if the battery still is good or not. Heck I’ve seen lx7’s go for 500

I agree with the first part. If in good shape $50 less than new can be a good deal for these units.

You lnow what they cost new. You should k.ow how your friend treats his stuff and you can see the condition. I personally would not question this some one could post and not nessasarily be correct but the information could cause unneeded trouble between you and your friend. Personally if your happy with what you paid leave it alone and go fish.

timmy

Perfect. Thanks guys! I was just curious as to the standard used prices, because I have seen a used one for sale. That seems like a good sign that people are happy with them.

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

I could maybe understand if someone wanted to up grade to a bigger screen than the 6 or wanted the camera setup. The only other reason I could see is that someone got in over there financial head and needed money or they had to have the best and then lost interest in ice fishing (I guess thats possible ). Otherwise I would see no reason to sell one of these units.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

The VERY few people that I know that sold their LX-6 was to go bigger screen and 2 bought the LX-9 after using mine. I think they sold theirs for around $450.
    Another reason why you don’t see a lot of them is the price point. Most people that are investing that amount of money usually do their research, and bought something that they are going to keep. Kind of like how many used H/birds 1198’s do you see for sale used

big_g
    Isle, MN

Randy hit it there…. I was kicking around the 6 and 7… and ended up going LX9.. whats a couple hondo more for the camera… worth it IMHO. (now I don’t have to drag the Aqua View with too )

timmy

Thanks for the help guys.

The upgrade was pretty simple…..hardest part was finding the cord….haha.

Now we just gotta get the snow settled and slush froze so I can use the thing.

T

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.