Almost lost all my gear!!

• tswoboda

This was the scene on my way home from ice fishing last night!

Thankfully the firetruck got there in time to put the fire out before anything in the car was damaged. I had 3 tuned up customs and a thorne bros custom, all my tackle, ice auger, JM pro 1 man flip over, strikemaster auger, arctic armour ice suit, HDS 5, vexilar fl12, and who knows what else. I got lucky and nothing was damaged, other than the horrible smell but hopefully that will go away after washing and airing out for a few days.

carver
    West Metro

Geez….not sure what I would do in that situation, leave the gear or start grabing just a couple items.

Anyway if you have issues getting the smell out. Get an air purifier that creates ozone. I think that is what the inlaws used to get the smoke smell out of a bunch of items after their fire.

Just have to keep it in small enclosed area to get the smell out.

tswoboda

Quote:

Geez….not sure what I would do in that situation, leave the gear or start grabing just a couple items.

I’d be lying if I said the thought didn’t cross my mind to at least grab the electronics. The 6′ high flames and the 911 dispatcher telling me to stay at least 50 yards away were enough to convince me otherwise.

bigpike

Thank God everything got out safely especially the most important piece of equipment – YOU

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I am still trying to make out what is happening from the story and the picture. Is that a vehicle on fire?

tswoboda

Quote:

I am still trying to make out what is happening from the story and the picture. Is that a vehicle on fire?

Yes sir! Everything in front of the windshield got toasted… Quite the scene on the shoulder of I94

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Glad to hear that you are safe! Do they know what caused it?

FDR

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

Glad to hear that you are safe! Do they know what caused it?

FDR

Global warming.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.