ice fishing innovations rod box

• mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

thinking of getting one of these. I have an otter sportsman case and it works fine for about 4 spinning rod combos but not really set up for a rod box and is a little thin for some reel handles. Saw the ice fishing innovations box on dh custom rods web site and looks awesome. Its $150 so wanted to ask if anyone else has one or has checked it out in person and what your thoughts are? Thanks for any info you got.

logan newberg
    wisconsin

I cant see spending that much so I bought a big hard case for guns and I can get like 8 combos in it and I just picked up another because that one was full. last year when I was ice fishing it fell out when driving on the ice road and none of the rods moved.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

I cant see spending that much so I bought a big hard case for guns and I can get like 8 combos in it and I just picked up another because that one was full. last year when I was ice fishing it fell out when driving on the ice road and none of the rods moved.

I was thinking about that, glad to hear it!

revpilot
    Lake Erie

I have one and I love it, but I never pull my stuff by hand, if I did I would use another case. I haven’t found any other case that holds as many combos that you don’t have to break down the handles. Make sure you get the insert you want if you get one, there are two different ones, and the one for longer rods, holds more combos imo.

I have the ice advantage case designed for longer rods, it stores 10-12 rods up to 41″ easily + tackle if desired. I only use it when I’m taking the family or groups requiring centralized equipment outfitting.

If you’re not frequently needing more than 5 rods available, I’d get something else for sure.

dan jost

found this old thread and was curious on the lenght of rod this case can handle. thanks in advance

The long model will handle 42″ rods.

It isn’t designed to fit the longer handles that come with many longer rods. None of my lake trout rods with extended butt sections fit.

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

My insert has 3 small tackle boxes to the left one center bottom with room under it. 1- 36″ rod and 5- 32″ rods. Very heavy mine ways in at 21 lbs. fully loaded.

Attachments:
    1. image-7.jpeg

Bigwalleye30
    MN

That is the original foam insert. They now have a new one that allows for 4 of the little tackle boxes in the above picture and two of the bigger ones. I emailed the owner and he sent me the updated insert a few years back. It allows you to have all 6 rods be long rods of roughly 40″. I know above it was mentioned 42″ rods, but that would be cutting it close. I’ve had a 40″ in there and it was no problem. The case more room than you really need, and like IceAsylum said, they tend to get very heavy, is very large and it is as study of a case as you’re going to find. If it wasn’t for the size, it would be the best around. It works perfect for some, but I’ve downsized myself to another case.

Ed Stern
    Goodhue, MN, Goodhue County,

There is a gentleman in Golden Valley, MN, on Craig’s List that makes several nice looking boxes in various sizes in prices between $50 & $100. Check him out. He is pretty quick and builds a nice box. Mine holds six rods firmly & comfortably.

crappieguy

There is a gentleman in Golden Valley, MN, on Craig’s List that makes several nice looking boxes in various sizes in prices between $50 & $100. Check him out. He is pretty quick and builds a nice box. Mine holds six rods firmly & comfortably.

Any link or info on how to find him?

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Nice looking and slick…..but I don’t think I would like a wood box on the ice..
    too heavy for me…..

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.