Lighting Hub Style House…

• fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Now that you guys have given me some insight on hub style houses; how do you light them for an evening of fishing? I am guessing I will need two separate light fixtures (one for each fisherman) and separate power sources? Or???

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Good post, I’ve been wondering as well. I was thinking a few of the Frabil LED’s with the Velcro straps, just not sure how much they put out and how the AAA batteries will perform.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Usually just use a head lamp, but if i’m in there for the night or at least an extended period of time i’ll use my LED string lights powered by 3 AA batteries. Change batteries maybe once an ice season and i spend several entire weekends in my hub.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Quote:

Good post, I’ve been wondering as well. I was thinking a few of the Frabil LED’s with the Velcro straps, just not sure how much they put out and how the AAA batteries will perform.

I have that same frabill light. However i also have one of the Clam Tube lights and they are much better and are also rechargable. They come with a cigarette lighter adapter charher and a 110V charger. I ended up buying a 2nd Clam for this year and 2 will definetly light the hut up very well. Defenitly better light vs the Frabill JMHO

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

I use the frabill, not saying it is the best but anything with LED’s is the way to go to save batteries.

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

Quote:

Exacly what i use, different brand tho.

dld24

Check out firebright LED lights, they are super bright…I was very impressed with them, they run off a 12v battery…I just put them under the poles in the roof and it lights up the shack plenty…If I’m in shallow water I don’t use them though. To the fish it would look like heaven above them..

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Quote:

Check out firebright LED lights, they are super bright…I was very impressed with them, they run off a 12v battery…I just put them under the poles in the roof and it lights up the shack plenty…If I’m in shallow water I don’t use them though. To the fish it would look like heaven above them..

Tell Brad Hawthorne that two much light on top is a bad thing. Watch his video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqWiagd7E-M&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL19ReDBu3qEV9vjUIeE7ngi5rCBTkkpky

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Exacly what i use, different brand tho.

What brand?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.