looking for marcum lx5

• bseiser

looking to get a good deal on a marcum lx5 for the ice fishing season. Anyone know of any good deals out there, best i can find is around 460. Thanks

broman

New or used?

bseiser

looking for new but would be interested in used if price is right

icefanatic11
    Birnamwood, WI

I would NOT pay over 400 for an LX-5. You can get a brand new Showdown Dual Beam 5.6 for $400 and it has better target separation (.5 v. .75) and it’s digital so it can be an upgraded. If your sold on an Lx-5 though you should be able to find $300 range. Otherwise just bite the bullet and go for the Lx-6 or 7. I think in the long run you would be glad you went with a digital platform (Showdown, Lx-6 or 7) rather than the Lx-5 just my opinion.

broman

Quote:

I would NOT pay over 400 for an LX-5. You can get a brand new Showdown Dual Beam 5.6 for $400 and it has better target separation (.5 v. .75) and it’s digital so it can be an upgraded. If your sold on an Lx-5 though you should be able to find $300 range. Otherwise just bite the bullet and go for the Lx-6 or 7. I think in the long run you would be glad you went with a digital platform (Showdown, Lx-6 or 7) rather than the Lx-5 just my opinion.

Not trying to start a war here, but I have a LX-5 and my cousin has a Showdown Dual Beam 5.6 and a Vexilar FL-18. He’s going to sell both of his to get a LX-5 because he gets tired of my LX-5 knocking him out with interference.

The Showdown Dual Beam 5.6 is a fine unit, I tried it myself. However, I didn’t like the height because while running and gunning you couldn’t just prop it up easily on a hard mound of slush like you can the shorter units. Also, when it comes to resale, the LX-5 will have many more buyers.

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

Both fine units, but two different things. I know guys who love circular displays and hate showdowns, and guys that love the showdown and hate the traditional displays.

icefanatic11
    Birnamwood, WI

Well we have had different experiences then lol. My cousin has an Lx-5 and we fish side by side often and neither of us have ever had an issue with interference. He’s going to upgrade to the 6 or 7 though then we shall see if the Showdown holds up. I also hole hop a ton and haven’t had problems with the unit. I do agree on the re-sale though if it has Lx in front of it, it will command a good price. Not sure showdown ever will but for me the showdown has performed above expectation.

bigpike

When it comes to running and gunning the LX5 is tough to beat over the bulky LX6 or 7, when it comes to eliminating interference its tough to beat an LX5 over any other make.

bseiser

looking for new one ideally, anyone have any good deals right now?

Invader440
    Fosston, Mn

Quote:

looking for new one ideally, anyone have any good deals right now?

Amazon. $459.99 + free shipping. Everybody else seems to be around $499

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.