Debating a purchase? Ice Castle or travel trailer

• John Gildersleeve
    Frazee,MN

I am in debate about purchasing a used ice castle or a used travel trailer. I have never owned either one. I like the idea of the option to ice fish, but the problem I see is that most lake shores, in my area, like to create heaves at the access points. So if you were to buy a wheeled fish house, what would be a good length to buy to help with the access issues?

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Most houses are able to crank up higher than ride hight by removing the shakle pin a winch till it tops out. You can do the same for lowering to get into a garage, shop or storage unit if you have the drop tongue feature.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

We’ve had good luck with a house in the 14′-16′ range. Even more than the ice ridges, some of the steeper landings can be a pain. We’ve been able to go just about anywhere with a 16′ house. A little rubbing and scraping at times but we’ve always made it in one piece!

redriverave

Regretfully buying a camper I soon realized it was to much,finally settling on hunting shack, spearhouse, ice house. Kill two birds with one stone, go ice castle RV edition you wont regret it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.