Marcum Lx-6 or Lx-7

• Cp3
    Hammond, WI

Would either of these units go on sale any time soon? I just sold my vx-1 pro and would like to get one of these before the season starts to play around with. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

I know this as been talked about a lot plus I’ve looked into this a lot too but I’m stuck on if I should go with the 7 or the 6 What size is the dial on the 6 with the two other panels up too? And one other thing how long does it take to power up one of these?

duke.harbaugh

They power up pretty fast I went with the 7 and the screen is about the same size as my ol fl18.

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

LX-7 screen size is 8″ diagonal and the LX-6 is 6″. If you can afford to spend an extra $100 I would definitly go with an LX-7. The bigger screen works awesome if you want to show both a flasher view and a showdown view at the same time and if you go with a 7 Marcum offers you the ability to send in and upgrade to an LX-9 in the future without buying a whole new unit

Marcum12

That’s a great price at Reeds. As far as deciding between the 6 or 7, go with the 7. I looked at both side by side at the ice show last year and the 7 is much better. Can.t wait to get on the ice with mine.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Quote:

That’s a great price at Reeds. As far as deciding between the 6 or 7, go with the 7. I looked at both side by side at the ice show last year and the 7 is much better. Can.t wait to get on the ice with mine.

I fished with both last year, and preferred the 7 primarily because I still like to use the circular display. If you too prefer using that mode rather than the vertical or open-water graph style, I’d opt for the LX-7 as well. Otherwise, they’re extremely similar.

Joel

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

Well I went with the lx-7 from Reeds. I’m extremely excited to try it out and can’t wait for some ice now. Well with bow season so close I’m sure that will take my mind off it for a little while After playing around and checking all the displays I’m glad I went with the 7!

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Great to hear. There’s no substitute for doing your homework, and checking out the displays is the way to go.

The 7 will be like Christmas twice. Once now, and once after bow season when you forgot about it!

Joel

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

I might have to bring the manual up in the tree stand with me to give it a good read

hamms
    Mn

Get the boat out and use it in your boat. This unit has great detail and you will not regret buying it.I also have the 7 and LOVE the options and screen size. I went to mille lacs earlier this summer and had a blast jigging eyes with it! Good luck and enjoy

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.