Fasher Charging

• Aquaholic
    WI

I am new to using a flasher. I have a Marcum LX3-TC I purchased this year. During the off season (summer months) do you leave them on the charger? or does that hurt battery life? Am I better off just leaving it on the shelf and charging it up occasionally.

BBKK
    IA

What charger do you have? If it has a float then you can leave it hooked up 24/7, if not you will fry the battery.

I have a battery tender jr which has a float and maintence mode (can be hooked up all the time) but yesterday I unplugged it. I’ll plug it in once a month or so to keep it topped off until next ice season when it will get plugged in for the entire season again when not in use. I could leave it hooked up and plugged in all summer if I wanted, but it seems like a waste of electricity to do so. Much easier to just top it off.

Aquaholic
    WI

I have the one it came with. I think it has a float.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

If it’s factory it is not a float…
    Just remember to plug in the charger for 4hrs or so once a month and your golden…
    I have a stock battery that has lasted for 5 years…although it time to buy a new one just because of age, that’s still not bad

kroger3
    blaine mn

Good reference is just charge it on the holiday weekends of memorial day, 4th of july, and labor day. Fire your auger up then as well.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Quote:

Good reference is just charge it on the holiday weekends of memorial day, 4th of july, and labor day. Fire your auger up then as well.

I like this idea…especially the auger! (and I would add in snowblower…)

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

In my opinion no charger should be left on for long periods of time. Its a risk I can live without.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.