Long Walk-Alma

• Jake_A

I was down in the area in the rain on Saturday and drove past where everyone parks and it was PACKED. My question is what do guys usually catch out there? Perch, bluegills, pike, mixed? I have Friday off and want to try exploring just a little bit. Never been out there. Any input? (I’m looking for perch. All bluegills go back down the hole ) Thanks guys!

Rivergills
    Wisconsin

Been doing well on perch out there some gills depends on where your fishing out there lots of area out there,but mainly perch where we were to the south or left when you get out there. Minnows seem to be the best bet we were using tip downs which are easy to make yourself.. Also seen some nice pike cought also. Perch anywhere from 7″-8″ up to 12″-13″ and a few even over that 13″+ range last time out there they averaged 10″-11″. Stop in at Schreiner’s Sport Shop{Jeremy} south end of Alma they have daily reports and are strait shooters with you. Good Guys! Hope this helps.

Jake_A

Is the water deep enough to use a flasher or is it a shallow water game?

Boone04
    Fountain city, WI

Its been a while since I have been out there but if I remember correctly its only a couple feet deep. Pack light it doesn’t look that far from the road until you start walking its a long way out there.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Quote:

…Pack light…

It leaves ya more room for all the weight (did it once, 10 northerns back in the day, average 7#’s, that’s a lot of extra weight!!!) you gotta carry back out!!!

Mark

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.