Night Fishing Crappies ?

• buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

Lookin for some ideas for a few new baits im loaded up on tungsten and diamond jigs and slender spoons curious what everyones go to baits are and if anything new to try out. Gonna be fishing 25 to 35 fow I know what worked last year just lookin for some input

Eric Pomplun
    janesville, wisconsin

glow diamond jigs, glow tungsten jigs tipped with a glow plastic and maybe a spike. dont forget pink/glow demon jigging spoons as i caught my biggest well after dark on the demon.

bioguy

Anything glow. Also, I found that for slower night time crappies, the tungsten had a tendency to work too fast. I still used them because they get down there fast, but you need to be conscious of their faster jigging motion for the night bite.

katmando
    Ramsey,MN pool 2, St.croix river

been havin alot of good fishing this year using the glow flasher spoon made by jr tackle.

tccat
    Minneapolis, MN.

Pink or Glow Ratso! This has been my most consistent bait for crappies. They just can’t resist!

mar-80
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I don’t use anything glow. I hammer them with slender spoons tipped with a minnow head and a small jigging rap. Also do well with a moon jig with waxies.

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

Ive got a pile of ratsos and sleder spoons and about every other kind of ice lure that Jrs flasher spoon looks interesting might give it a whirl

katmando
    Ramsey,MN pool 2, St.croix river

it kicks like a slender spoon but has the extra tassles, the paint glows bright as H and they have alot of cool color combos.
    im usually fishin semi staind water in 40ft and theyll fly off the bottom before the jig gets gets 15 ft down yet.
    and when the school leaves i just jig like a mad man up and high and down the chain. when moved really fast upward you can see the bubbles the blades kick off on the sides on your flasher. i mostly load up like 8 red euros on the treble and occasionally minnow heads but euros work best where i fish mostly.

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

Im going through my gear and have come to the conclusion im a ice fishing junkie lol

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

Im going through my gear and have come to the conclusion im a ice fishing junkie lol

A lot of us are!

I use anything that works during the day. In most cases, when it’s time to feed, they are just higher in the water column.

tswoboda

#6 Glow Brite Ratso. Green glow is a lot briter than red glow, and make sure you are charging it after every fish or every 5 minutes without a fish.

During the day I’ll use a diamond jig tipped with a nuggie but at night switch to the ratso because they glow a lot briter and longer… Glow is very important for calling fish in at night!

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Tip Downs with Crappie Minnows. If the Crappies bite at night on the lake you are fishing you will be running your butt off to keep up.

FishinPaul
    Eau Claire, WI

CJ&S glow red! They are BRIGHT and work! Keep it lit and put a waxie threaded on the hook,leave a tail. Try black too,I love black jigs in the dark… Paul

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.