Took the plunge

• rjmoore_33
    Eagan, Mn

I have been looking for a flasher for some time now and have read many post on here about amrcum and vexilar. So i seen that Cabelas had the LX3tc on sale for $349 so i went down and picked it up. i also got a military discount which brought the price down to $314. This is my first flasher so i hope that it lives up to the hype. Thanks for all the input from both the pro’s and con’s.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

As long as you have realistic expectations, I’m sure it will serve you well! When I was still running vexilars, Milemark_714 ran his LX3 side by side with my FL-18. His display was much cleaner than my vex. Good Luck on the ice

wally1992
    Evansville MN

Great price. I also purchased an lx-3 this winter. Did not get the deal you had.

I have had an lx-1 for years an have used it both hard and open water. I broke the pin on the transducer plug on the lx-1 so used it as an excuse to make new purchase.

The Lx-3 is definately “more” of a machine. I think you will be happy with your decision.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Cant really complain about my lx-3. Been working well for many years now.

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

My wife and I both use LX-3s and have been for years, they are a great flasher!

One thing I would suggest and maybe Marcum has already changed this but if they didn’t add some padding to the tray the transducer sits in. I went through a couple ducers before someone mentioned that the unpadded bouncing in the tray can shorten ducer life. I cut an old thick fabric blade buddy(skate blade cover) in half and put half in each unit then I just tuck the ducers in to them for cushion, haven’t had a ducer fail since.

Enjoy the new unit.

rjmoore_33
    Eagan, Mn

it appears that there is a foam rubber gromet in the place that holds it tight. thanks for the heads up though

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Congrats to adding another piece of arsenal to help pursue these mouthy critters.
    One draw back of having a flasher. You may feel naked when you forget to bring it with.

joe e
    Medford, WI

I think that I would rather forget my power auger before I forgot my flasher!!!

milemark_714

Quote:

My wife and I both use LX-3s and have been for years, they are a great flasher!

One thing I would suggest and maybe Marcum has already changed this but if they didn’t add some padding to the tray the transducer sits in. I went through a couple ducers before someone mentioned that the unpadded bouncing in the tray can shorten ducer life. I cut an old thick fabric blade buddy(skate blade cover) in half and put half in each unit then I just tuck the ducers in to them for cushion, haven’t had a ducer fail since.

Enjoy the new unit.

I wonder if the newer transducers are built better than the originals?Mine took a dive after 8 years.

I also ditched the DCS 100 charging system and went with a battery tender.

SPADED
    rochester,mn

i won that same unit at the ice fishing extravaganza, it blows my FL8se out of the water!

thanks for your service, tight lines and screaming drags to ya!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.