VS825 SD or AV760

• Willy D
    Nipawin, SK

Looking at purchasing a new u/w camera, I am looking at the Marcum 825 or Aqua Vu 760. Any thoughts, likes, or dislikes would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I had the 625sd and sold it to upgrade to the LX-9. The 625sd was nothing short of fantastic. I think Brian k had the 825 and posted a lot of video he did on the river. I thought the quality was awesome

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Hey Willi,

Do you have a retailer that has both in stock close by?
    If you do, Take both cameras and point them in the same direction, then look at the detail that’s seen.

Now this isn’t the tell all, because the really should be underwater, but it will give you a good idea between the two.
    Another piece to consider is the Darkwater Technology that MarCum uses. Any camera that has it’s lights in the same plan as the camera will give the user the snowstorm effect. The particles or silt in the water will reflect back into the camera and the low light level pictures will suffer.

This might be personal opinion more then anything, but on the MarCum screen there’s an arrow that points to the direction the underwater camera is facing. Other cameras have a compass readout showing N,NE,E,SE,S ect. Trying to line up the lure by direction is harder (not impossible) then an arrow pointing to the direction the camera is facing.

The 3x digital zoom sounds good, but really it’s just fluff. A camera can only see so far underwater. I’m not sure why one would want to zoom in on anything. Maybe a fish swimming by in the distance…so a person could say “it was a huge fish”.

I’m not sure how good the DVR is on those units. Having a built in removable media recording system on board is a plus.

I’m convinced there isn’t a camera on the market in those price ranges that can see further, clearer and in darker water then the MarCum line of cameras.

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

I have the new 825vs sd love it and the more I use it the more I like it

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.