Fl-8 Vs Marcum VX-1

• JJ Wall
    Chanhassen Minnesota

I would first like to say that i know there are a lot of vex guys and a lot of marcum guys on here, this is just what Ive discovered. I recently purchased a VX-1 for myself and went out on a local crappie lake today with my buddy who has an Fl-8. we were fishing side by side and he was noticing the difference in the units and so was I. the clarity of the VX-1 is unreal compared to the FL-8, i could see my jig and fish a lot better than he could. I was not getting any interference with any other units out there and he was getting frustrated with his unit. Overall features and price, if your looking for a nice flasher at a fantastic price, go with the Marcum. Just my two cents guys

p4walleye
    Rochester, MN

I disagree, but to each their own!

shaley
    Milford IA

Quote:

I would first like to say that i know there are a lot of vex guys and a lot of marcum guys on here, this is just what Ive discovered. I recently purchased a VX-1 for myself and went out on a local crappie lake today with my buddy who has an Fl-8. we were fishing side by side and he was noticing the difference in the units and so was I. the clarity of the VX-1 is unreal compared to the FL-8, i could see my jig and fish a lot better than he could. I was not getting any interference with any other units out there and he was getting frustrated with his unit. Overall features and price, if your looking for a nice flasher at a fantastic price, go with the Marcum. Just my two cents guys

Been saying the same for years, fish them side by side and if you cant see the difference you are blinded by the hype…In reality the VX-1 is more comarible to the FL-18, I was a happy dedicated Vex owner untill the day a friend put his marcum next to my Vex….

dld24

This is funny, because I was going to start this topic, just because I am curious why people but the fl8 over the VX1 when the price is similar…VX1 comes with IR(not sure if FL8 does)ZOOM,its more compact comes with a nice case….I was just curious why??

Eric Pomplun
    janesville, wisconsin

I’ve fished my friends fl-8 next to my lx-3 not a great comparison but the fl-8 was way louder and noiser while my lx-3 made no noise. I also had way better seperation on my screen while the jig on the fl-8 would show up as a big blob. I’ve also fished next to my other friend who has a fl-12 and the lx-3 still out performed it less interference, better seperation and no noise.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.