If your augers not running well try this

• fishinfool
    mn

My auger just wouldnt keep running, start and die, you know the drill…… Father in-law used some SEA FOAM SPRAY in the carb yesterday and let it set overnight…

That was enough to do the trick, cleaned out the carb and now runs just fine… easy fix at a cheap rate. he also suggested the mix ratio might be a little to rich as they used to be 24 to 1. I switched it up a little and it seemed to help…

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

24:1 is really rich. I run my solo at 100:1 with amsoil saber synthetic and that sucker screams!

brian_j

Quote:

24:1 is really rich. I run my solo at 100:1 with amsoil saber synthetic and that sucker screams!

+1 except jiffy stx

rugs
    Hastings, MN

Every two stroke motor you have should have sea foam run through it. You can just add it to the gas.

Tim Bossert
    Cochrane, WI

How much Seafoam do you run? I know guys that do a very rich tank (like half or full can per tank!), or do you do what is recommended on the can? Do you run it till gone, or run it over multiple days, letting it “soak” between runnings?

bee
    Maine

No wonder with that 24-1 ratio. Get some Amsoil and go for it.

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I put Sea Foam in everything I have that burns gas other than my truck, so far no problems with anything. I use the directions on the can. I didn’t run my auger at all last year and not yet this year, I’ve got my fingers crossed.

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Quote:

Every two stroke motor you have should have sea foam run through it. You can just add it to the gas.

Why? Sea foam is a fuel stabilizer correct? I could see using it if your stuff isn’t getting used but other than that I don’t see a point.

ozzyky
    On water

I was having trouble with my jiffy at the recommended 24:1 ratio. Switched to amsoil at a 50:1 rate and it’s worked like a champ for the last 5 years since.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Quote:

+1 except jiffy stx

Same here with Jiffy for last several years. I run it closer to 80:1

Sandbags
    SE Wisconsin

I run amsoil as well at 60:1 and love it. I always use seafoam. In fact, my solo has never seen untreated gas.

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

Always used 50:1 in my Jiffy, never any issues in 20+ years

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Quote:

I run amsoil as well at 60:1 and love it. I always use seafoam. In fact, my solo has never seen untreated gas.

Again why? What’s the benefit of running sea foam in every tank?

Duke M

I believe it is more than just a fuel stabilizer. I’ve heard small engine guys call it a tune up in a can. I buy no alcohol premium for all my small engines and automatically treat each 5 gal. can. From the chain saw and log splitter, to the generator and the Hover Craft, they all get Seafoam. I buy it whenever I see it on sale.

Duke

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

Quote:

Some points from sea foam

100% pure petroleum product.

Works instantly to clean deposits from internal engine parts and remove moisture from oil crankcases and fuel tanks.

As a fuel system additive, our product will clean carburetors, fuel injectors. Will clean carbon, gum and varnish deposits and add lubricity to fuel, stabilize fuel, and control moisture.

As an oil system additive,our product controls moisture, gum, varnish and related deposits.

Sandbags
    SE Wisconsin

Quote:

Quote:

Stabilizes fuel and keeps engine clean. Keeps carbon from building. Most small engine problems are fuel related, cheap insurance.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.