The Unofficial WI region IDO Ice Get Together POLL

• Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Ok, Lets see if we can get a location and date put together that can accommodate most that are interested. Obviously it tough with travel and we have such a diverse group across the midwest.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Naturally, we don’t want to exclude or offend anyone. This is for any IDO member that wants to jion in on the fun. If location or date isn’t in the poll, your welcome to do a write in. If more people agree, then we go with that.

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

Sounds like fun

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

My thought is Lake Onalaska in part because it is a whole bunch larger with 2 access’s,is close to the interstate,motels are close for the out of town crowd,and there are a few real good food and drink places close also.

Feb would work just as anything…

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

I have never been to group type of fishing event and think it would be fun. Just questioning….. any chance for a WI location not on the far side of the state? Understand IDO seems very Mn based, but just a thought.

BassinBill
    La Crosse, Wi

FYI guys Lake Onalaska is hosting a WIFL tourney on Feb 2 so you might want to avoid going there that day.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Lake Onalaska would be a very good choice

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Which one is closest to Richfield, home of the greatest members of IDO?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

I have never been to group type of fishing event and think it would be fun. Just questioning….. any chance for a WI location not on the far side of the state? Understand IDO seems very Mn based, but just a thought.

CC – I nominate you as the 2013/14 WI IDO GTG Chiel Commander and Organizer BTW I already Vote for Racine Harbor, and I’m reserving my spot behind Azarians now!

Seriously, though things like this are really tough. I help do the Trapperman.com Breakfast with Mike widner and we have people coming in from all over WI, and a couple other states (even alaska one year) 2 hours each way for one person may be no big deal, and to another its like driving across the country. Last year, guys got together up by Castle rock. I think a couple years ago there were guys getting together at Madison. Maybe toss the idea out there for a get together at a lake in Kenosha county. That may draw a few MI and Il guys as well as SE. WI. But I do agree with doing one next year that is south/central to SE WI. MN, IA guys may not come, but we may get a larger draw of more local guys.

For guys that have never gone to a GTG. Don’t be shy! Most of these turn into a great social event. Catching a few fish can always be fun, but nice to meet the guys we chat with. Good opportunity to meet up with old friends and make a few new ones. Since I joined IDO, I’ve met up with a lot of guys. 90% or more of the time its been just hang’n out and BS’n about everything. Have to admit, I’ve met a hell of a lot of great fisherman in the last 6 or 7 years!! BTW – If you ever meet Old Rat, ask him how many hours are in a half day of fishing

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Okay. Here we go. Middle of the channel on the st croix river for the vikings/packers game. Now there would be a get together. Tail gating and everything.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Mike,
    Is this what you were thinking?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Would there be that many Queens fans?

Oh yeah…forgot about Cougareye.

<snicker>

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

tail gating may have to consist of someone just dragging the tail gate out off the truck. Would not recommend driving out.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Please keep your cows off the ice. Its not thick enough.

FlambeauVista
    Park Falls, WI

You are all welcome to come to GOD’S Country next year (or this year) on the Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Wisconsin’s Scenic Wilderness Waters Area.

Happy New Year Everyone.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

The GTG before last years Croix GTG was way out there in WI somewhere. I think it was the Petenwell or something like that. Where is this Onalaska ?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Happy New Year to you as well Scott!

Jesse, I’ll talk to you later about this new thing on the internets called Google Maps.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

I’d try to participate and I’ll add my 2 cents on location. It would be nice to choose a location on border water so that more guys can fish that day with out the need to purchase a lisc. they might otherwise not have.

I realize the choices given do that, but a inland choice in any state will (IMHO) limit some participation. I also understand that no location will work for everyone.

How do we recognize other guys when we get there? any suggestion? Secret wave? secret handshake? big a** sign?

I’ll be easier to recognize. I’m from Iowa so I’ll be the Idiot Out Wandering Around.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

There’s a map of the internet?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I think one of those weekends was Free WI fishing Dave.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Found Onalaska…..I know where that’s at

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

How do we recognize other guys when we get there? any suggestion? Secret wave? secret handshake? big a** sign?

I got a nice offer from a couple local guys to Onalaska in addition to mudshark to help out if we meet there. Once we get this final ( I think we should let this poll run for a few more days) I’ll work with Mud and others to get a central location/prefered access point set up. I have a generic tent that can be set up as base camp for grills/coolers. It would AWESOME if by coincidence James happens to show up with a really nice new In Depth Outdoors Banner Otherwise we’ll have to paint some of my wife curtains

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Hey! Don’t talk about your wife’s curtains that way, be respectful!

At the Croix GTG last year there was no way of telling where they were when we got there. A few simple flags paving the way would help. Cell phone numbers and GPS coords are a big help.

Hopefully it is a better day than we had last year. I think we had the coldest, windiest day of the year. Turned into drinking beer on the ice, as opposed to a ice fishing GTG.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I went with the 9th since that is the only weekend date I have off of the choices listed But I do have like 300 hours of vacation so when the date is officially set, I will try and get the day off. It has been a long time since I have fished with IDO members

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

It would be great to see ya again Mike

The 9th is looking better so far since the Superbowl is the is the 3rd…

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Quote:

And the Packer fans will be busy that weekend
    Go Pack!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Quote:

Quote:

And the Packer fans will be busy that weekend
    Go Pack!

Loading the coolers for the fans of another team

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Here I thought the IDO SUPER BOWL PARTY would have been a happening thing all weekend. Generator, TV out on the ice…

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Do the 16th on Onalaska.. We are having our Winona State Ice derby/fundraiser on that date and it would be a big help!

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Quote:

Do the 16th on Onalaska.. We are having our Winona State Ice derby/fundraiser on that date and it would be a big help!

You have a link or location Cade?
    I would be willing…That’s if old farts are allowed

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.