Colored tip-up line

• bsully23
    Pittsville, WI

Anyone use white tip-up line or dacron? If so where do you get yours from? Last year I purchased some HT Enterprises Sand colored line & it seemed to work pretty good. Anyone notice more or fewer bites when switching colors?

Paul Delaney

I started using white line on my tip ups around 10 years ago and there is no question that you will get a lot more bites with the white line versus a dark colored line. In clear water or shallow water when a fish looks up at a bait the white line will blend into the underside of the ice and your presentation will look much more natural resulting in more bites. It is sometimes difficult to find white dacron line so look into getting fly reel backing it is much more available.

Paul Delaney
    http://www.lateeyessportfishing.com

Eric Pomplun
    janesville, wisconsin

White tip up line is about the only line my dad and i use on our tip ups. not only do we get a lot of action once you get up to the hole you can look down the hole and see which way the line is going before you have to move the tip up. this helps in knowing where the fish has taken the bait. I have had kind of hard time consistently finding white tip up line though.

ajs
    Mellen,WI

I like the theory of the line blending into the ice. Im going to pick up some line tonight if i can find it.

Ajs

bsully23
    Pittsville, WI

I definitely want to give white line a try I just don’t know if I will be able to find any, If I do I hope it is decently priced.

Eric Pomplun
    janesville, wisconsin

yea thats the only thing about white tip up line is that its really hard to find and when you find some you better buy a whole bunch of it

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Quote:

I started using white line on my tip ups around 10 years ago and there is no question that you will get a lot more bites with the white line versus a dark colored line. In clear water or shallow water when a fish looks up at a bait the white line will blend into the underside of the ice and your presentation will look much more natural resulting in more bites. It is sometimes difficult to find white dacron line so look into getting fly reel backing it is much more available.

Paul Delaney
    http://www.lateeyessportfishing.com

Sweet tip Paul. When in doubt trust a guy who spends so much time on the water he’s about to grow gills!

Joel

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.