Floating Ice suits

• shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Anyone hear any new brands of ice suits that flot coming out? so far, i think its just striker ice and artic armor that makes them, correct? I will be on the hunt for a suit (bibs & coat) after I get the lx-9, just getting information ahead of time……

Also, anyone that is good with sizes, let me know what a 44 waist and 3x shirt is going to require for sizing. I am clueless to these brands……

Thanks in advance…..

john23
    St. Paul, MN

The only floating suit I’m aware of is the Mustang (I have model MS2175). There are floating jackets out there, though.

ekruger01

the differenct between the Striker and the AA suit is that in the striker the whole system breathes, the AA suits dont. Not to mention all the features on the Striker suits. AA is a thing of the past, The Striker Ice Climate Suit is where its at….

Check out the video from the Thorne Bros event…..

http://youtu.be/uN8b1YtE0QI

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Quote:

the differenct between the Striker and the AA suit is that in the striker the whole system breathes, the AA suits dont. Not to mention all the features on the Striker suits. AA is a thing of the past, The Striker Ice Climate Suit is where its at….

Check out the video from the Thorne Bros event…..

http://youtu.be/uN8b1YtE0QI

thank you for the link. that helps alot for making a choice!!!

anderson_dc
    Pleasant Hill, IA

Shane, check the weight requirements for each brand. I don’t recall how heavy a guy they can float. I want to say Arctic Armor is 250 or 270 pounds; but don’t quote me on that. I don’t know how much the Striker can.

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Quote:

Shane, check the weight requirements for each brand. I don’t recall how heavy a guy they can float. I want to say Arctic Armor is 250 or 270 pounds; but don’t quote me on that. I don’t know how much the Striker can.

what you talkin bout willis? you callin me fat? lol. anything have got to be better than nothing anderson, but i will definitely check that out…..

john23
    St. Paul, MN

I was thinking about one-piece suits, not parka/big combos. The Mustang one piece does protect against hyopthermia if you go in, but I always joke that it will only prolong the misery because it will only make you last 20 minutes instead of 5 or 10 minutes in 33′ water. I believe it’s also a USCG approved flotation device when worn. Good luck with your choice.

ekruger01

Im 300 lbs and the striker will float me.

anderson_dc
    Pleasant Hill, IA

Quote:

what you talkin bout willis? you callin me fat? lol. anything have got to be better than nothing anderson, but i will definitely check that out…..

No need to get all sensitive on me, Suzy.

Just something to consider is all I’m saying. I would hate to see something bad happen to yah!

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Quote:

Quote:

No need to get all sensitive on me, Suzy.

Just something to consider is all I’m saying. I would hate to see something bad happen to yah!

hahahahaha its all good buddy

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Mustang

Buy one and never look back

hnd

the few people i know with the artic armor suit say its wayyyyyy too warm.

tucrs
    NW Metro

Striker Ice suit is amazing. The lite suit is really good for anything down to -25. They do float, they won’t weigh you down if you fall in.
    They are really worth checking out and really taking a serious look at.

Last year I had a heavy suit way too warm for hole hopping. Both keep the wind out and have great features…Just one thing to remember they have good pockets to lose a bait puck in. I found mine from last year…

I heard they have a new climate suit, I played with the early prototypes and wow….!!!!!
    Last suit I will buy I can use it spring, fall and ice.

John

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Quote:

Striker Ice suit is amazing. The lite suit is really good for anything down to -25. They do float, they won’t weigh you down if you fall in.
    They are really worth checking out and really taking a serious look at.

Last year I had a heavy suit way too warm for hole hopping. Both keep the wind out and have great features…Just one thing to remember they have good pockets to lose a bait puck in. I found mine from last year…

I heard they have a new climate suit, I played with the early prototypes and wow….!!!!!
    Last suit I will buy I can use it spring, fall and ice.

John

thanks. they have a deal on 2011/12 close-out stuff at Korky’s, closeout deals at korkys , ended up getting the coat and bibs (both floating) for about 100 bucks off the combo since its old stock.

next question, know anything about the Striker Impulse Boots, as in how grippy are they on ice/snow……

thanks

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Wil and Wendy from Workboot Heaven were just talking to me about a boot that has “spikes” that are spring loaded in the soles of a boot. I’m not sure if it’s the same brand you’re talking about though.

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Quote:

Wil and Wendy from Workboot Heaven were just talking to me about a boot that has “spikes” that are spring loaded in the soles of a boot. I’m not sure if it’s the same brand you’re talking about though.

the brand i was inquiring is the striker ice brand. couldn’t pull up your link brian. they have a sale at korky’s outpost on the striker boots for about 55 bucks instead of the normal 149, so i am biting at the bit so to speak

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.