Ice Fishing Around Zimmerman, MN

• struggleb0x

I recently bought a house in Zimmerman, MN and will be moving in there at the end of the month. I don’t really have time, besides a few trips to mille lacs, to get out in the boat fishing so I was planning ahead for the ice fishing season. I’ve been doing a lot of research on the lakes around zimmerman and what? the depths are usually less than 8 ft. I fish walleye during the summer but when it comes to ice fishing I like fishing crappie as well. I was hoping someone could give me some information about local lakes that I could make my way out to midweek. Please don’t tell me the only place I can go for good fishing is mille lacs. I used to live in st cloud and know a few lakes in clear water are decent for ice fishing but if I was to drive there I would probably go to mille lacs; unless I was sick of the lake and needed a change of scenery.

Help me out! I was pumped when I saw all the lakes around the area until the 8ft average.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Welcome to Ido Dan!

I’m going to move this post to the ice forum. There’s a bunch of guys there that are wishing for ice in Sept.

10 more days until the official snow season!!

struggleb0x

Sounds good and thanks. I didn’t even notice an ice fishing forum. Funny thing is I was just coming back on to check because I could have swore last year I read a few threads on here about the st cloud area.

katmando
    Ramsey,MN pool 2, St.croix river

Pm sent

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

When I stay around home, I like to go to Blue Lake. There is always plenty of action and the opportunity to bring home a meal if you do some sorting. Green Lake right outside of Princeton can be good as well. Fremont froze out a few years ago, but maybe the fish are coming back.

struggleb0x

Blue lake looks good and it’s right next to zimmerman. I completely skipped over that one. It’s got a good size and depth. Thanks for the tip!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

how far from forest lake are you. i hear those lakes are pretty good!!

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Elk is a decent walleye lake

keepcasting
    Excelsior

Blue is the best bet close to Zimmerman. Not much for size on the panfish in my experience, but plenty of action. Green up by Princeton or little Elk would be other options.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.